questions about Putting Linux on a AST Premmia 486 dx66

questions about Putting Linux on a AST Premmia 486 dx66

Post by Andrew Be » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am thinking about putting Linux on a AST Premmia 486 dx66.
It is an EISA system with a built in video card which is based on the ATI mach 32 card an Logitech sound card.
Would I have any problems using Linux on this system, would I be able to get all the drivers I need.

If you have had any experience of using Linux on a AST or have any similar components in your system, I would be
most greatful if you could EMAIL me descriptions of any problems you have had.

Thanks in Advance.

Andrew Beck

\\\\////
|[*][*]|
|   >  |
(  __  )
 \    /
  ~~~~

1. Linux 1.2.13 on an AST PREMMIA 486 eisa computer

I have been trying to install Linux 1.2.13 on an AST PREMMIA 486/dx2 66
EISA with 8 megs, installed OS's are dos,windows 3.11 and OS/2 (using boot
manager).  It hangs when booting from the boot disk - blank screen without
a cursor and the floppy drive light on.  It seems that the bios hangs
before anything is read from the disk.   Any ideas???
I've installed linux on a Pentium 133 machine without trouble.

Thanks

George

--

2. Radius Server

3. Running Linux on AST Premmia GX

4. SiS 6326

5. Linux on a AST Premmia SE 4/66d?

6. process I/O

7. AST Premmia GX and Linux

8. Upgrading to Red Hat Linux 6.0 (newbie)

9. Linux on AST Premmia GX

10. Does linux work with 486SL? (AST PowerExec 486)

11. Linux on AST PowerExec 486/25 SL (pros & cons)

12. 66Mhz FSB on AST Premmia GX P90

13. Help with the mach32 onboard the AST d66 premmia