Diamond Stealth II S220 with Red Hat 5.2?

Diamond Stealth II S220 with Red Hat 5.2?

Post by Doug Co » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I've just installed Red Hat 5.2 on my system.

First installation attempt, tried to probe the video card and the
system locked up. Blank screen...OK, they warned me about this...

Second Installation went smoothly, but as my video card isn't listed I
selected unlisted and installed the SVGA server.

Booted into Linux, typed startx and...blank screen lockup again.

My video card is a Diamond Stealth II S220 with the Rendition V2100
chipset.

This is my first operating system after Windows so could somebody
point me in the right direction?

Doug Cox
Work to ride, Ride to work...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/Doug_Cox/

Diamond Stealth II S220 with Red Hat 5.2?

Post by Joost van Stuyvenbe » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>My video card is a Diamond Stealth II S220 with the Rendition V2100
>chipset.

You might take a look at a page I've put up about Diamonds (I have a
different one but the problems seem familiar):

        http://www.xs4all.nl/~jstuyven/stealth.html

Hope this helps,

Joost

For IC-R10 information:

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~jstuyven/r10

Joost van Stuyvenberg
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Post by Oleg Letsins » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I've just installed Red Hat 5.2 on my system.

>First installation attempt, tried to probe the video card and the
>system locked up. Blank screen...OK, they warned me about this...

>Second Installation went smoothly, but as my video card isn't listed I
>selected unlisted and installed the SVGA server.

>Booted into Linux, typed startx and...blank screen lockup again.

>My video card is a Diamond Stealth II S220 with the Rendition V2100
>chipset.

You need the latest version of XFree86. V2x00 is supported in XFree86 3.3.3,
although unaccelerated.

Post by Jim Whit » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> >I've just installed Red Hat 5.2 on my system.

> >First installation attempt, tried to probe the video card and the
> >system locked up. Blank screen...OK, they warned me about this...

> >Second Installation went smoothly, but as my video card isn't listed I
> >selected unlisted and installed the SVGA server.

> >Booted into Linux, typed startx and...blank screen lockup again.

> >My video card is a Diamond Stealth II S220 with the Rendition V2100
> >chipset.

> You need the latest version of XFree86. V2x00 is supported in XFree86 3.3.3,
> although unaccelerated.

I find i740 is supported in XFree863.3.2, is it accelerated?

1. Problems of configuration of X11 with a Diamond Stealth Card under Red Hat 5.2

        I have tried to get some documentation about my graphic card (
Diamond stealth 3D G 460 ) under the diamond web site but without
success. Is anyone ever configure a XFree Server under this graphic
card ? The Diamond Stealth 3D G 460. If so, is it possible to have the
/usr/X11/lib/X11/lib/XF86Config file attached for tis configuration or
is it possible to know how is it possible to configure it ?

        I thank you further on for any kind of information I can
receive about this configuration under Red Hat Lonuix 5.2.

        Yours Faithfully,

2. Strange (ATAPI) CD-Rom unrecognition :)

3. RH 5.2 alpha and stealth II S220 turbo

4. Executing UNIX scripts by double clicking an icon in Windows

5. Diamond Stealth II S220 and XFree86

6. diald: will not break off connection if triggered by other computers

7. Diamond Stealth II S220 supported?

8. osu-cis inforamtion wanted

9. Subject : HELP! Diamond Stealth II S220

10. What chipset in a Diamond Stealth II S220. ?

11. Diamond Stealth II S220 problems with XF86 3.3.3

12. Diamond Stealth II S220 Users I need help!!!

13. Diamond stealth II s220