ATI Rage pro 128 Tv Out on XWin (Debian Linux)

ATI Rage pro 128 Tv Out on XWin (Debian Linux)

Post by marko sarun » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 05:03:40

i have ati rage pro 128 (32MB Ram) and i am running debian woody (same
was on potato)

I have got my X win to work fine using set_rage that can be found on
sourceforge.

When i boot with cable (either rca-video or s-video) plugged in to my
card and tv, i can see my command console on the tv just fine.

However, when i startx, my tv goes black and my xwin on my monitor
flickers and splits vertically in 3 different overlapping screens.
NOTE: if i boot without the calbe(s) plugged in x works fine at
1024x768x16 (What i am currently running)

Has anybody got this working????
I've spent almost a week now looking for solutions and nothing came up
yet.

Please help if you have any ideas

P.S. I am using XFree86 v4.x

Post by Matthew Paterso » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 06:52:04

> i have ati rage pro 128 (32MB Ram) and i am running debian woody (same
> was on potato)

> I have got my X win to work fine using set_rage that can be found on
> sourceforge.

> When i boot with cable (either rca-video or s-video) plugged in to my
> card and tv, i can see my command console on the tv just fine.

> However, when i startx, my tv goes black and my xwin on my monitor
> flickers and splits vertically in 3 different overlapping screens.
> NOTE: if i boot without the calbe(s) plugged in x works fine at
> 1024x768x16 (What i am currently running)

> Has anybody got this working????
> I've spent almost a week now looking for solutions and nothing came up
> yet.

> Please help if you have any ideas

> P.S. I am using XFree86 v4.x

I have the Rage 128 Pro 16MB with TV-OUt. I have the same problem, i can
boot up in console fine, but whenever i start X i get a blank screen. Get
gatos, i havent had time to try and figure it out. But apparantly this is
the software you need.

--
Matt

        Fear of a flat planet