Two Network cards while using Linux

Post by Joop Boone » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Dear all,

I have the following question I have two PCI network cards One 3com
3C900B and one Realtech RTL 8039. When i have both cards in my machine
it only recognizes the Realtech card when  i have on the 3 com card in
my pc it recognizes the 3 com card and works perfectly. It also changes
the interrupts for the start up to IRQ 15. I don't know what the initial

interrupts where but one was at least different than IRQ 15. By the way
i have switched PnP support on in the Kernel.

Can people please also reply via email?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joop Boonen.

Two Network cards while using Linux

Post by a1 » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

There could be an IRQ conflict between the device ocupying IRQ15 and your
secondary IDE HD controller.
Quote:> I have the following question I have two PCI network cards One 3com
> 3C900B and one Realtech RTL 8039. When i have both cards in my machine
> it only recognizes the Realtech card when  i have on the 3 com card in
> my pc it recognizes the 3 com card and works perfectly. It also changes
> the interrupts for the start up to IRQ 15. I don't know what the initial

> interrupts where but one was at least different than IRQ 15. By the way
> i have switched PnP support on in the Kernel.

> Can people please also reply via email?

> Thank you very much.

> Regards,

> Joop Boonen.

1. Two Network cards while using Linux

Dear all,

I have the following question I have two PCI network cards One 3com
3C900B and one Realtech RTL 8039. When i have both cards in my machine
it only recognizes the Realtech card when  i have on the 3 com card in
my pc it recognizes the 3 com card and works perfectly. It also changes
the interrupts for the start up to IRQ 15. I don't know what the initial

interrupts where but one was at least different than IRQ 15. By the way
i have switched PnP support on in the Kernel.

Can people please also reply via email?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joop Boonen.

2. stealth III s540

3. Promise ATA-66 under Linux

4. two network cards, two(?) networks, one computer...

5. trouble getting directory contents

6. Two Network Cards in one Linux server using VPN on one

7. strange problem

8. Two network cards while using Linux

9. Having two separate networks connect using two Linux routers and ISDN

10. How to set my Linux machine to have two network cards with two IPs

11. A Linux in Two Networks Throug the same Network Card?, HOW TO CONNECT

12. Trying to setup firewall on linux box with two network cards, cards are not configuring correctly