Install SCSI card

Post by Alain DOULIE » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I recently install Linux Mandrake 7.02 but had some problems when detecting
SCSI card. As a solution, I removed the SCSI card and install successfully
Linux. I'm now trying to make my SCSI card being recognized. How can I do it
? How can I check when my SCSI card is recognized ?

Thanks.

Install SCSI card

Post by Guy Maskal » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I recently install Linux Mandrake 7.02 but had some problems when detecting
> SCSI card. As a solution, I removed the SCSI card and install successfully
> Linux. I'm now trying to make my SCSI card being recognized. How can I do it
> ? How can I check when my SCSI card is recognized ?

> Thanks.

Assuming you have scsi support set up as modules, if you call "/sbin/lsmod -a"
you should see at least scsi_mod and <your_scsi_host_adaptor> listed. If not
then call "/sbin/insmod scsi_mod" and then "/sbin/insmod
<your_scsi_host_adaptor>" (e.g for me it would be "/sbin/insmod aha1542").
Assuming you also have the proc filesystem set up (a good idea anyway), try
"cat /proc/scsi/scsi". If your card is detected ok you should see a list of
your devices connected to it.

Guy

1. installing scsi card and hard drive

Can someone point me to a place about how to install a scsi card and a
new hard drive? I recently
got a intraserver's ultra-wide scsi card and a 9 GB hard drive and would
like to install them
into my U5/333 externally.

Thankx in advance!

Chao-Yie

2. : how to kill forked process

3. install scsi card aha152x

4. Laptop / X question.

5. CDROM behaves strangely after installing SCSI card

6. 3Com 809 Problems?

7. help installing scsi card

8. SQL*P and variables

9. Trying to install SCSI card and CD-RW

10. black screen with X after installing scsi card

11. probs installing SCSI card

12. CDROM behaves strangely after installing SCSI card

13. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive