Serial Port/Internal Modem on Boot Up failure - Help No Modem!

Serial Port/Internal Modem on Boot Up failure - Help No Modem!

Post by Andrew Pick » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I've a Boca Internal Modem which up till last friday worked under both
Windows 95 and Linux (2.0.29)
Atfer moving the motherborad to a new case at the weekend and
installing a new soundcard (sound blaster 32) the modem only now works
under windows95. At one point during rebuilding a boot failed and the
Bios defaults were loaded.
I've disabled COMM2 in the bios, to try an avoid a clash but tty00only
is found during boot up.

Help someone please.

Andy

1. Serial port conflicting with internal modem

I am using the latest Solaris 2.5.1 X86 with du5 and all
recommended patches applied.  The system has a mouse on com1
an APC UPS connected on com2 and now I am trying to install an
internal modem on com3.  The modem works fine if I disable the
2nd serial port (com2), but doesn't work even if I configure it
as com3 or com4 using IRQ6.  I get no errors whatsoever when I
reconfigure reboot the machine.  I just cant use "cu" to connect
to it.

The 2 devices are conflicting when they shouldn't as I am clearly
giving them 2 different I/O addresses and IRQs in asy.conf file
before doing a b -r.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Does anyone know if it is possible to get a list of all the
devices and the IRQs they are using under Solaris ?

Atif Khan

2. Boot up problems...please help.

3. Serial port problems (PnP & internal modem)

4. How to execute csh script in sh script ?

5. Serial port/Internal modem

6. Why does dhclient bind to port 68?

7. Serial ports and internal modems..

8. Help with mail in Solaris !!

9. Internal Modem/Serial Port Problems

10. internal modem vs. serial port: getty respawns too fast

11. Serial port to serial port with null modem cable

12. USR Internal modem (2nd serial port) not responding

13. Need help setting up internal modem - port conflicts