ATAPI Tape (HP) using SCSI Emulation?

Post by David R. Christianso » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Greetings and Salutations!

So, my atapi cdrw doesn't work with ide/atapi cd-rom support, but it
works flawlessly with scsi emulation. Now I have an HP 5Gig internal
atapi tape drive sitting on the shelf, and I'd like to plop it in but
the 5Gig HP is unsupported by 'ide-tape' in kernel 2.0.36 (which I'm
keeping as a backup). Has anyone attempted to get this working with scsi
emulation? I thought it might be worth a try unless there's a definite
reason why it won't work.

Thanx to all,

--Dave C.       :-)

Post by John Thompso » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> So, my atapi cdrw doesn't work with ide/atapi cd-rom support, but it
> works flawlessly with scsi emulation. Now I have an HP 5Gig internal
> atapi tape drive sitting on the shelf, and I'd like to plop it in but
> the 5Gig HP is unsupported by 'ide-tape' in kernel 2.0.36 (which I'm
> keeping as a backup). Has anyone attempted to get this working with scsi
> emulation? I thought it might be worth a try unless there's a definite
> reason why it won't work.

I couldn't get the HP-Colorado 5GB IDE tape drive to work
with kernel 2.0.34 but it's fine with kernel 2.2.1

--

1. rh 6.2 and ATAPI cdrw (hp 9300), how to get scsi emulation to work

does redhat 6.2 come with scsi emulation support ?
how do you tell if you have scsi emulation support (or any other feature
for that matter) in a kernel ?
how do i get cdrecord 1.9 to see this drive ?
i tried typing the following at the lilo boot prompt:

linux hdc=ide-scsi

(the drive is the secondary master)

thanks for any help,
dan

2. msgget parameter question

3. HP 8 GB IDE TAPE AND SCSI EMULATION PROBLEMS

4. Best way to quickly kill parent and all child processes

5. scsi emulation installation breaks hp scsi scanner

6. using xsane for scanner, lamp never turns off

7. ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

8. Extracting XFree86 files

9. Does the HP7200i ATAPI CD Writer need SCSI emulation

10. SCSI Emulation with ATAPI Zip drive?

11. ATAPI 250MB ZIP and IDE-SCSI Emulation HELP!

12. Need help with SCSI-ATAPI CD emulation

13. ATAPI/SCSI emulation for CD/CDR/CDRW questions