Hardware req for linux (redhat 5.1/5.0)

Post by tally_jo.. » Wed, 01 Jul 1998 04:00:00

hi
i am buying a comp from sale.....a 486.
so what should be the typical req fro the hard disk and memory of computer.
and since i am buying in sale i would have to get a monitor separately. so any
issues to consider when i would be searching around fro the drivers.

please send me your suggestions directly or a cc to me as i don't have access to
this newsgroup.
any suggestions where i can get a B&W monitor.
thanks....and please feel free to email me your comments. see i would be using
this computer for testing only....so that's why a 486.

thanks
tally

1. upgrade from Redhat Linux 5.0 to redhat linux 5.1

Upgrading our linux system from redhat 5.0 to redhat 5.1 using ftp,  the
upgrade menu asked for a lan card driver.
our 3com cardbus 3C575-J-TX is not reference in the lan card driver
list. do you have any suggestion to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Frederic

2. Breakthrough technology needs feedback - PLEASE READ

3. RedHat 5.0 to RedHat 5.1

4. HELP! more boring socket problems!

5. Redhat 5.0 --> Redhat 5.1

6. Remote backup: Help needed

7. upgrade from Redhat 5.0 to Redhat 5.1

8. overlay needed????

9. Redhat 5.0 v's Redhat 5.1

10. RedHat Linux 5.1 on 486/66, Hardware parameters

11. RedHat 5.0 -> 5.1 upgrade problems

12. upgrade redhat 5.0 -> 5.1

13. Upgrading RedHat 5.0 to 5.1 ??