Antec SCSI controller (sold by NEC for CD-ROM)

Antec SCSI controller (sold by NEC for CD-ROM)

Post by Debra Weisenste » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a cheap SCSI controller made by Antec and sold by NEC for its
CD-ROM drives.  Have anyone had experience using one of these cards
under Linux?  It works fine for CD-ROM and Zip Drive support under DOS.
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has been successful at accessing
this SCSI card under Linux.  Thanks.

Post by ksta.. » Sun, 27 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I have a cheap SCSI controller made by Antec and sold by NEC for its
>CD-ROM drives.  Have anyone had experience using one of these cards
>under Linux?  It works fine for CD-ROM and Zip Drive support under DOS.
>I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has been successful at accessing
>this SCSI card under Linux.  Thanks.

I also am having trouble with a NEC 4x CD-ROM running with the card
supplied by NEC, in this case a Trantor.  Linux from Slackware 2.2.X
simply will not recognize the device.  Has anyone run into this
problem and written a patch for it?

1. NEC CD-ROM and Adaptec AVA-1505 scsi controller??

Hi all,

A friend of mine bought a NEC CD-ROM with an adaptec AVA-1505 scsi controller.
Does anybody know if this works in combination with Linux and if yes,
where I can get kernel patches (if necessary). I don't know any more
details because he is in Germany and I am not...

Thanks in advance,

Alwin Bakkenes

2. Mouse help, please.

3. NEC SCSI adaptor problem to see NEC CD-ROM

4. Forcing gcc to odd byte alignment?

5. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

6. Ultra-ATA

7. NEC CD-ROM SCSI problems (w/ audio CD)

8. Trouble upgrading Tcl/Tk - RedHat

9. SCSI CD-ROM for sell

10. 40x NEC SCSI CD-ROM Drives

11. NEC 3XP SCSI CD-ROM

12. NEC CD-ROM Reader Model#CDR-37 parallel-SCSI

13. linux doesn't see my scsi nec-500 CD-ROM...HELP!