PCI Winmodems DRVs

Post by » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I'm a newbie, i'm trying to install linux on my system but i've got a hamlet
pci modem 56k. Should I pray to see this device run under linux? I wrote an
e-mail to hamlet's tech support but noone still answers

This is the last wall making windows my only workin' os !

If someone knows something , please write me !

PCI Winmodems DRVs

Post by Kari Suomel » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

 B> I'm a newbie, i'm trying to install linux on my system but i've got a
 B> hamlet pci modem 56k. Should I pray to see this device run under

Is it actually a Winmodem?

 KS

... He knows the answer - don't confuse him with facts

PCI Winmodems DRVs

Post by James Stewar » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:00:00

There is a website, www.linmodems.org.  It is quite good about figuring out
if your modem will work with Linux

Quote:> I'm a newbie, i'm trying to install linux on my system but i've got a
hamlet
> pci modem 56k. Should I pray to see this device run under linux? I wrote
an
> e-mail to hamlet's tech support but noone still answers

> This is the last wall making windows my only workin' os !

> If someone knows something , please write me !

1. External CDROMS & Tape Drvs

Ok, so maybe the tape part is not included in the kernel, how about the cdrom
drive? could I have an external cdrom?

-Frank wants to do some tinkering with his hardware.

--
=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
=        "Computers are not smart, they just do stupid things real fast"      =

2. Tune X windows?

3. WATTCP, NCSA telnet, pkt drvs & Linux slip

4. wondering about security problems exposed by TIA etc...

5. Winmodems/ELSA Microlink 56k PCI

6. M$ is scared

7. Zoom/FaxModem PCI 56k (NOT Winmodem) & SoundBlaster Live

8. Wyse 50 and Curses... Help!!!!

9. Invalid Flag attempting to set up Lucent PCI WinModem

10. Help with a Zoom 56K PCI Pnp Modem (NO WINMODEM)

11. LU 56k PCI - is it a winmodem?

12. winmodem or not winmodem ?

13. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?