Sun Keys on MF-Keyboard (102 keys)

Post by Johannes Heineck » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Dear all,

I'd like to configure my Linux X-Keyboard to have
the keys used on Suns as well. How can I manage,
that [PrtScr], [SrcLck], [Pause], [grey -], [grey +]
function as copy, cut, paste, front, open?

The Second problem is, on Xemacs M-w should copy a marked
string into the kill-ring, but my Linux closes the xterm.

What is wrong? All my tries with xmodmap failed.
Thanks for any hint!
Johannes

--

Johannes Heinecke
Computerlinguistik

http://www.compling.hu-berlin.de/~johannes

1. Howto define Sun-Keys on a Linux (MF 102) keyboard?

Hello,

I have desperately tried to configure my keyboard under XFree86
to have some keys behave like the Sun-Keys open, front, cut, paste, copy,
using xmodmap. Meanwhile I know the keycodes, but I do not know the
right side of the .Xmodmap entries, e.g:
keycode 111 = ????

Unfortunately all docs, howtos etc. I consulted didn't help.
Anybody out there with experience?

Thanks in advance!

Johannes Heinecke
Computerlinguistik
Humboldt Universit"at zu Berlin

http://www.compling.hu-berlin.de/~johannes

2. SESSION idle time

3. RH 6.1 install with 102-key (Int.) keyboard anyone?

4. environment with different unices

5. Xterm VT100/102 function keys

6. Broken MoBo takes 3 weeks to be replaced?!?

7. how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

8. kermit under Solaris 2.2

9. Problem with japanese Keyboard key \ (yen key) on 2.5.68

10. Keyboard with Control key next to the "A" key?

11. How to get "Command key" key code for Mac USB keyboard

12. Enabling "windows key" on 104-key keyboard

13. Need keyboard with <CTRL> key next to <A> key.