on board video messing with additional video cards

on board video messing with additional video cards

Post by Daniel Wol » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a dell optiplex gxm and it has onboard video in the form of s3's
trio64V+.  I have installed three different pci cards including a matrox
millenium and diamond stealth 3d 2000, and each time the following
happens.  I run super probe and it will find the millenium or whatnot,
then after i configure with xf86config and run startx, it tells me that
the configured device (i.e. -millenium) is not detected.  There is some
stuff above that indicating it was trying to use the onboard video's
chipset.  My guess is that SuperProbe finds the millenium correctly but
the xserver is using the onboard video for some reason.  I have the
onboard video disabled in bios, but it still doesn't help the other
video cards work.  any help??

thanks,
dan wolf

1. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

Hello *,

I used a Hauppauge WinTV PCI with bttv. Now I have installed a new
video card (NVIDIA GF4) with an additional video-in port. Without X11
bttv/bttvgrab runs perfect. After starting X and run bttvgrab
following error occurs:

/usr/bin/bttvgrab error: Cannot allocate memory (open /dev/bttv)
[14/1]

I think video-in on new video card blocks out the video device. How
should I configure second video device or how can I switch off
video-in on video card.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

2. Help mpeg_play !!!!

3. On-Board video vs PCI video card: can linux recognize?

4. about ethernet card

5. Problem With On-board Video Card For Intel Desktop Board D865GBF

6. PC speaker to sound card instead?

7. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

8. Single User Mode

9. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card

10. Video Drivers for Inter DVI 750 Video boards?

11. video card info - what is the fastest video Card on X?

12. NVIDIA: Video In, TV out, Video In Player, & Video Editor...

13. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X