Install AHA1542CP SCSI card

Post by Stephe » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

I am using RH 5.2 and want to install a ISA PnP Adaptec 1542CP
controller to it. But I don't know what to do after I put the card in.
Anyone can tell me how to do it?
Thanks.

Regards,
Stephen

Install AHA1542CP SCSI card

Post by Tommy Pruit » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using RH 5.2 and want to install a ISA PnP Adaptec 1542CP
> controller to it. But I don't know what to do after I put the card in.
> Anyone can tell me how to do it?
> Thanks.

> Regards,
> Stephen

Here is what I have done to get an Adaptec 1542cf card recognized:

    1st.  find out what the base I/O of the card is with SCSI card utilities
(ctrl+a in my case).
            or
            use windoz to look up the properties of the card.  In windoz the
Input/Output range of my card is                 0230-0233 in hex.

    2nd.  Use info about to specify parameters for the card.  In my case,
when I am asked about the having                 SCSI cards I select yes and
specify options with bases=0x230-0x233 as input.

That worked great for RH4.2-5.2.  RH6.0 is another story :( ...

Hope this helps

1. looking for external scsi hard disk to go with adaptec aha1542cp

I'm aware that the aha1542cp has an 8 bit bus and only supports hard
drives up to 8GB.
It appears to be getting difficult to get drives that 'small', indeed
scsi 2 drives at that.

I'd like to know what options I have for connecting a hard drive to this
card.
I presume I could connect >8GB, I'd just not be able to access all of it
- is there any way around this? The drive will be linux only.
The card has a 50pin high-density connector (already happily connected
to an HP scanner). It supports up to Fast-scsi (2).

What options do I have for the flavour of scsi hard drive, e.g. I know
you can connect a scsi 1 device to a scsi 2 adaptor (by and large), what
am I limited to connecting to this adaptor?

Does anyone have any recommendations of drive to use with this adaptor?

Thanks in advance, Guy.

2. Linux and 32M DRAM

3. AHA1542CP SCSI or filesystem problem?

4. SCSI error messages

5. Cannot boot after install solaris x86 2.6 using AHA1542CP.

6. NICAM stereo on bttv

7. Linux install using cdrom on AHA1542CP and harddisks on AHA2940UW

8. Freecom portable CD-ROM drive

9. Linux Install - AHA1542CP+ AHA2940UW

10. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive

11. LILO Install on a mixed IDE/SCSI setup -- Do I need the SCSI card bios enabled?

12. difference between dual-single ended scsi card and single ended scsi card

13. SCSI: Does one need a special SCSI LVD adapter, over and above a SCSI card?