modems get locked up with linux 1.3.77 and mgetty0.99

modems get locked up with linux 1.3.77 and mgetty0.99

Post by Fernando Aver » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
   I have two different modems that after some use (with a very
noisy line) get locked. Not even lowering the DTR (for up to 2 seconds) will
reset them. Yes, at&d3 is set. When one of them get locked I tried:

+++ATZ
+++ATH0
lowering the DTR (for up to 2 seconds, just in case since ats25=2)

The only way to unlock it is to reboot (ouch!).

They are on a 486 running linux 1.3.77 with mgetty 0.99Dic31. They
are connected as COM3 & COM4. COM1 & COM2 are disabled.

Here is some info about them:

modem #1
at+fmfr?   TAICOM
at+fmdl?   9624,2,E,290E
at+frev?   Sep-24-1991
ati4       V.32bis/FAX MODEM. S/W Version 5.10

modem #2
at+fmfr?   ROCKWELL
at+fmdl?   RC32ACL
at+frev?   CEP-03 3/15/94
ati6       RC144DPi Rev CA

I'll be grateful if someone could provide with any other ideas on how to
unlock them. Thanks in advance,

1. Linux Divide by zero error when running "ps u" 1.3.77

I upgraded my server from kernel 1.2.8 to 1.3.77 to
take advantage of the IPaliasing.  Ihave run into
two problems. See if you know the answers.

I installed slakware 3.0 and upgraded the kernel to 1.3.77
inorder to get the ELF binary libraries and GCC.

Problem 1:
Whenever I run "ps u" I get a divide by zero error.
howvwer, ps with any other options works fine.

problem 2:
I created a program that makes a database with passwords in it.
Whenever I compile the old prgram with the new GCC the passwords
aren't recognized.  However, if I compile the program on a
machine with Slakware 2.3 (kernel 1.2.8) and transfer it over ,
the program works fine.  Is there differnces in how ELF and aout
organize data structures? Or is there a way to force
the GCC to compile using the A.out format instead of ELF.

thanks,
Aaron Ryan
Cybercom

2. lpr -Got to be simple -- but?

3. Kernel Change Summary 1.3.77

4. Help

5. VFAT and win95 using 1.3.77

6. Thank You!

7. top & 1.3.77, 1.3.74

8. Working printing software?

9. Need a new arp program for 1.3.77?

10. iBCS for 1.3.77

11. 1.3.77 with Future Domain kernel needed !

12. Exabyte problems under 1.3.77

13. Help with 1.3.77.