Adaptec 2920 SCSI controller

Post by Phil Richardso » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

Has anybody got RH5.2 to recognise this kind of SCSI card ? I've got a
pair of seagate 4GB drives I'd DEARLY like to use.

Persumably I have to get the kernel module to support this adaptor from
somewhere ?

Best Regards

Phil Richardson

Post by LHD Administrato » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
>SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
>Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

It is supported by the same driver as many other Adaptec 29xx cards.  For
more info, check the Linux Hardware Database entry for this product at
<http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.cgi?DISP?257>

LHD Administrator

LhD: Linux Hardware Database <http://lhd.datapower.com>

Post by Rich Piotrowsk » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Hi folks,

>Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
>SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
>Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

>Has anybody got RH5.2 to recognise this kind of SCSI card ? I've got a
>pair of seagate 4GB drives I'd DEARLY like to use.

>Persumably I have to get the kernel module to support this adaptor from
>somewhere ?

>Best Regards

>Phil Richardson

Phil,

I used to have one. Worked fine.

Select the "Future Domain 16xx" for support. That actually what a 2920 is.

Rich Piotrowski

Adaptec 2920 SCSI controller

Post by Joe » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

aic7xxx.o should work with 2920.
During setup you can select 2940

Joe.

> Hi folks,

> Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
> SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
> Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

> Has anybody got RH5.2 to recognise this kind of SCSI card ? I've got a
> pair of seagate 4GB drives I'd DEARLY like to use.

> Persumably I have to get the kernel module to support this adaptor from
> somewhere ?

> Best Regards

> Phil Richardson

1. Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller

I am trying to install a new server (Slackware 3.0) with Quantum SCSI Disks
and an Adaptec 2920 PCI SCSI Controller. The Controller is recognised as a
Future Domain TMC1830 but none of the disks are recognised as being attached.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear abouth them.

Thanks
Keith

2. UUCP file transfer - HELP

3. Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller ??

4. Help! I see local network but can not use internet

5. installing Linux (slackware/redhat w/Adaptec 2920 (PCI SCSI-2) controller

6. Making PPP connection available to all machines in network

7. Both Adaptec 2940 and 2920 cards (no 2920!)

8. pipe buffering

9. Support for ADAPTEC's SCSI AHA-2920 board

10. Kernel Panic: SCSI Adaptec 2920 Problem

11. AHA 2920 SCSI controller

12. RedHat 5.0 and AHA-2920 scsi controller

13. Adaptec AHA-2920 SCSI with Linux?