PCI Modem Elsa Microlink 56K-PCI

Post by Eric Santonacc » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Does anybody get experience with this PCI Modem? Technical support of Elsa told
me it is not a passive modem. I tried to configure it with setserial

Here is my /proc/pci

 Bus  0, device  18, function  0:
      Serial controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
          Vendor id=127a. Device id=1004.
          Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 9.  Master
Capable.  Latency=32.
          Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at
0xe4000000.

As you can see, I don't get the ioport that I need for setserial. I tried
anyway with some standart address of COM1 to 4 and some addresses I supposed to
be free. I also supposed the chipset is compatible with UART 16550 and 16550A.

But I can't get an answer of this PCI modem

Is there an other tools than setserial to configure modem?
What about PCI tools?

thanks in advance

regards

--
ric Santonacci

PCI Modem Elsa Microlink 56K-PCI

Post by Rob Cla » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>Does anybody get experience with this PCI Modem? Technical support of Elsa told
>me it is not a passive modem. I tried to configure it with setserial

I checked the driver .ZIP file here:
ftp://ftp.elsa.de/FILES/DATACOMM/MICROLNK/56KPCI/56KPCI9X.ZIP

The .INF file has:
PCIFriendlyName = "ELSA PCI Modem Enumerator"
ModemShortName = "MicroLink 56k PCI"
[..]
Class=HCFMODEM

So this is a HCF (Windows software modem) which won't work with Linux.
Sorry :(

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

PCI Modem Elsa Microlink 56K-PCI

Post by Mirce » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Most likely a winmodem. The shared memory strongly hints it, and the irq
also. See the list at:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

MST

> Hello,

> Does anybody get experience with this PCI Modem? Technical support of Elsa told
> me it is not a passive modem. I tried to configure it with setserial

> Here is my /proc/pci

>  Bus  0, device  18, function  0:
>       Serial controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
>           Vendor id=127a. Device id=1004.
>           Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 9.  Master
> Capable.  Latency=32.
>           Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at
> 0xe4000000.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^

1. Elsa modem : pci microlink 56k

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to use this modem under FreeBSD. Elsa does not provide a driver for FreeBSD. Does someone use this modem successfuly ? My concern is to avoid the use of serial port for the
modem. It appears that pci modems are not so easely supported than modem connected to serial ports... Thanks.

2. Mouse erratic in X

3. Winmodems/ELSA Microlink 56k PCI

4. natd - hilfe!

5. Winmodem/ELSA Microlink 56k PCI?

6. Help: how to follow the child after fork in gdb?

7. ELSA Microlink 56K PCI under Linux?

8. Pentium Bug

9. ELSA Microlink 56k PCI

10. Elsa Microlink PCI Modem -newbee

11. ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.

12. Flash upgrading ELSA Microlink 56K modem

13. Elsa Microlink 56k USB Modem