Fatal server error: Cannot open mouse (Operation not supported by device)

Fatal server error: Cannot open mouse (Operation not supported by device)

Post by Dana Hause » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

X worked for me with Slackware and Caldera on same hardware.  On RH5.0 it
autodetects my mouse as ps2 and everything seems OK.  No matter what
combinations I try, I always get:

Fatal server error: Cannot open mouse (Operation not supported by device)

when starting XFree86 or MetroX.

System is Micron Powerstation (P100) with standard hardware.

Mouse is MS Intellimouse, BUT regular Compaq mouse does not work either.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dana Hauser