matsonic ms-5120 motherboard, pentium 233, with 32M 10 ns SDRAM

matsonic ms-5120 motherboard, pentium 233, with 32M 10 ns SDRAM

Post by Marc Spitz » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

This setup is giving me kernel panics. Does anyone have any
ideas/experience with this board? Yes I know the 'MS' in the board name
should have been warning enough.

Thank you
marc

matsonic ms-5120 motherboard, pentium 233, with 32M 10 ns SDRAM

Post by Keith Brilha » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Whoa, Marc,
The motherboard should have nothing to do with it.  I've got the same
board and have had no problems.  Running RH 5.1, now 5.2. My
motherboard has a cyrix PR200+ cpu, 32Megs in Simms, ESS sound board,
Realtec LAN adapter, and soon to be replaced winmodem.  The bios is
award from 7/7/97.  I'd check your bios settings, and then consider if
you've configured linux correctly.

If you provide more detail on you distribution, and the messages that
preceed the kernel panic message, then someone may be able to help you
get going again...BTW, have you had the system running at all, or are
you still in the install/setup stages.

>This setup is giving me kernel panics. Does anyone have any
>ideas/experience with this board? Yes I know the 'MS' in the board name
>should have been warning enough.

>Thank you
>marc

~~~