DEC AS200 & Linux & old Mitsumi CD???

Post by Keith Haye » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello one and all,

        Does anyone know if an old Mitsumi (non-SCSI or ATAPI)
CDROM with ISA controller will work in an Alphastation 200 running
RedHat 4.0 Linux/Alpha. Can the PAL accomidate? Thank you in advance
for all help offered.

1. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

Finally!

As I posted recently, I got the TA CD-ROM, and found that the setup kernel
recognized the CD drive, but the installed one didn't. I had trouble with
the recompile, as well.

The answer is:
    in (I think it's) /etc/include/linux/drivers/blocks, there are *two*
        makefiles. One is named Makefile, the other Makefile.orig. When
        I diffed them, I discovered Makefile.orig *had* conditions for
        compiling the Mitsumi driver, the Soundblaster driver, and one
        other driver, and Makefile *didn't*. I renamed both, and reran
        the compile. No problems, using lilo (after the usual moving &
        /etc/lilo/install) I boot off my hard drive, I can mount the
        CD ROM, etc.

I am emailing TA this, as well.

        mark

2. how to setup i740 card @ 800*600

3. linux & alpha & old mitsumi

4. development with svgalib

6. please help - embedded linux install problems

8. What's this error message mean?

9. 没有人用中文吗?

10. RedHat: rc scripts & modem setup & Mitsumi CD

11. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

12. AH 2940UW && CD && 2.2