AHA1522 & NEC CDR:210 = lost chars ?

Post by Mark Lawrence Jarv » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

On a 486 machine I have a NEC CDR:210 cd drive off a AHA1522A controller
this works fune under DOS, Win95, NT4, and OS/2 however fails under linux.

The failure is not total, for example when the CDROM is detected the
description string is

N C CD :2 0

instead of
NEC CDR:210

ie characters seem to be missing or at least not ascii and hence not displaying

The NEC CDR:210 drive is old firmware rev 1.0 and scsi rev 1. I doesn't
support parity.

(Interestingly linux is the only OS that seems to turn
parity off on a NCR810 contoller to support this known broken cdrom)

I upgraded linux to 2.0.6 to get (a)syncrounous support. and have diabled
parity both by jumper and by cl option

has anyone experienced this and further does anyone know a fix

thanks
mark

1. HELP : SB16 ASP SCSI 2 & NEC CDR 210 & LINUX

HELLO,

I'VE PURCHASED A SLACKWARE LINUX VERSION AND WOULD LIKE TO USE MY NEC CDR 210 BUT
WHEN I USE THE AHA152X DRIVER THE SYSTEM ONLY HANG ON WHEN DECTECTING THE CDROM

I READ IN THE DOCS THAT THE CDR 210 DID'NT SUPPORT THE TRANSMISSIONS WITH PARITY
CHECKING AND I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO REMOVE THE PARITY BIT OR WHERE TO
FIND A KERNEL SUPPORTING MY CDROM

THANX A LOT.

2. Click Focus doesn't work correctly

3. Adaptec 1522 & NEC CDR-210 working under Linux?

4. WordProcessor (~=TEX) for Linux

5. Aha1522 + NEC 2X 210 locks! Why?

6. installing NOCOL on Suse6.2

7. NEC CDR-210 recognized but not usable -- Help!

8. Why is 'read' so slow?

9. Adaptec 1505 SCSI adapter and NEC CDR-210

10. NEC CDR-210 SCSI CDrom problem

11. NEC CDR-210 with Adaptec 1520

12. NEC SCSI CD-ROM drive CDR-210 rev. 1.0 is not recognized

13. Adaptec 1505 SCSI adapter and NEC CDR-210