Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

Post by Glen Morrel » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

        I've Read the Fine Manual (the hardware HOWTO) and it looks to
me like the Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI adapter is not yet supported.
Anyone know if this is true, or if a driver is in the works?

        Thanks,

                                Glen Morrell

Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

Post by Efspie » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I use an Adaptec 2930 SCSI card with Win98,
Linux Readhat 5.2 and WinNT. No problems

I did not do anything special for Linux. It detected the card.

1. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

Hello out there,

Does anyone have experience with this adapter?  I've been trying to
install it and under RH5.1 am having it being recognized when I run the
upgrade but during bootup get the scsi hosts-0 msg.  It is being
recognized as a 2940 card in the upgrade program during the scsi probe.
Is there a boot parameter that I can add to the lilo.conf file to help get
this card recognized, or is it just impossible?  Any ideas would be
appreciated, even if it is just saying that someone has it working.  I
have a few days to still return the card, so I do have some time.

I am only using this card for a jaz drive, I have 2 ide HD's on the
system, so I am operable.  This is just a recent addition to my system.
My kernel version is 2.0.34.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

2. Keyboard conflict with floppy.

3. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

4. How to change IP and Hostname for Sun servers ?

5. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

6. making an RPM

7. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

8. Net consortium ties flaws to BIND

9. ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

10. Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI Controller problems in kernel 2.4.3+

11. Adaptec 2930 SCSI Help Needed

12. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

13. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter