Mitron

Post by Steve Perl » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to get my Mitron VLB NIC to work with Slackware. It worked like
a champ under RedHat, but slackware will not see it. I have given it an io=
and an irq= in the *rd.modules, but on boot up I get the dreded no network
adapter found at 0x300 do this and that.
I'm telling it it is a ne2100 card (what I selected in RedHat.) Any ideas?

Mitron

Post by Bjarne Nygaar » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I'm trying to get my Mitron VLB NIC to work with Slackware.

I run Slackware too at it runs just fine. Not having run other than
Slackware
I believe the greatest difference is what you have to configure
yourself.

If you choose a kernel not compiled for your hardware features is your
fault. :)
-But you may have to do that in order to get started at all.
Before you go any further look at the list of supported hardware for
kernel
you selected. :)
-That's my first guess.

Quote:> a champ under RedHat, but slackware will not see it. I have given it an io=
> and an irq= in the *rd.modules, but on boot up I get the dreded no network
> adapter found at 0x300 do this and that.
> I'm telling it it is a ne2100 card (what I selected in RedHat.) Any ideas?

cu

| If you would email me remove NOSPAM in the address                   |
|          ---this space is not intentionally left blank---            |

1. Mitron's ethernet adapters supported ?

Hi,

I am wondering if the Mitron LX-2000JL/T2 (NE2000 compatible)
And LX2100/T2 (NE2100 compatible) are know to be supported by Linux
(kernel 1.2.8 or better).
I know that there is a generic driver for NE2000 and NE2100 adapters
but I am always very suspicious with clones.

Thanks a lot.

Francois
--

Ecole Polytechniques - Mathematiques  | Compu$erve: 75210,525
C.P. 6079 - succursale Centre Ville   | Tel. (514) 340-5968

2. RedHat 6.1 installation

3. Mitron

4. iproute save/restore script - first shoot

5. MITRON Network Adapter

6. what are bus, device, function #?

7. Mitron

8. Solaris 7 Disk Suite 4.2 on X86