Abit PX5 430TX PCI-error msgs.

Post by r.. » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Booting with my Abit PX5 430TX UDMA board results in a couple of PCI
error msgs at the folowing addresses:

8086:7100  which is the hostbride
8086:7110  which is the ISA bridge
8086:7111  which is the IDE Controller
8086:7112  which is the Serial Bus Controller
8086:7113  which is the bridge

Can somebody point me in the right direction so that I can solve these
problems.
I can't really notice anything faulty during operating the system, but
they (msgs) kinda irritate me when booting up my machine :)

thanks,
Ardrum

Post by Mark Ha » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

: Booting with my Abit PX5 430TX UDMA board results in a couple of PCI
: error msgs at the folowing addresses:

THEY AREN'T ERRORS, just warnings which you can ignore.  also, running even a
moderately up-to-date kernel makes them go away.  consensus on linux-kernel
is that it's asinine for the kernel to keep a DB of all PCI devices in the
first place, so this behavior is likley to disappear before 2.2 is released.