Dell DVD-ROM drive under Linux

Post by Anneung » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm new to linux and don't really know what
I'm talking about, BUT... I didn't have any
problem installing RedHat 5.2 from a CD in
my DVD-ROM drive that I got from Dell.
So, at least when used as a CD-ROM drive,
things seem okay without my having to do anything or know what I'm doing.
(Note: I have a hardware decoder for my DVD, not a software one.)

                          Peter Arnold>Hi,

Quote:

>Can anyone confirm/deny whether the Toshiba DVD-ROM drive Dell use in their
>Dimension R/Txxx series machines works under Linux, either as a CD-ROM drive
>or a DVD-ROM (if such a thing is possible)?

1. Linux x DVD-ROM drive?

     Hi there,

     I'd like to know if I can use a DVD-ROM drive under Linux to read
CD's (I really don't mind not being able to read DVD's, but I need the
CD's).

     This doubt is one of the things pushing me away from a DVD drive at
the moment... if it can work as a standard CD-ROM under Linux, it's
great.

     Thanks for any info, Marcelo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Redialing Comm Package

3. Can Linux support DVD-ROM drives ?

4. Q: Weird message...

5. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

6. ST Labs/Silicon Image ATA Controller

7. Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

8. Compiling 2.0.39 on HPUX11.11

9. DVD-ROM drive and Linux

10. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

11. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

12. DVD-ROM drive not recognised

13. dumb question about DVD-ROM drive