Digiboard problems

Post by Tom Yo » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

I have a Digiboard PC/Xe 16 port serial board.  I am trying to get the ports
configured with Linux and not having any success at all.

The card has been configured with default settings I/O=200, Int=10, ROM=D0000.

I have installed the old dos software and am able to output to Com5-20 without
a problem.  However when I try to echo data from Linux I get a "Cannot Create"
error.  This typically happens when I/O is unable to go to a device.

I have tried downloading the drivers from ftp.digibd.com, and the default
drivers in 2.0.29 Slackware.  Neither seem to be working.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom York

Please note: The senders internet address has been
modified to prevent bulk-mailers from locating my
address.  If you have a legitimate reason for
emailing me replace webgenie.com with interaccess.com.

"Who is general failure?  And why the hell is he
reading my hard disk?"

*) End Of Transmission (*
<< Hal shutting down >>

Digiboard problems

Post by Brian Fahrlande » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> I have a Digiboard PC/Xe 16 port serial board.  I am trying to get the ports
> configured with Linux and not having any success at all.

> The card has been configured with default settings I/O=200, Int=10, ROM=D0000.

> I have installed the old dos software and am able to output to Com5-20 without
> a problem.  However when I try to echo data from Linux I get a "Cannot Create"
> error.  This typically happens when I/O is unable to go to a device.

> I have tried downloading the drivers from ftp.digibd.com, and the default
> drivers in 2.0.29 Slackware.  Neither seem to be working.  Any suggestions?

    Just a thought to make sure you haven't overlooked the
obvious....did you create the /dev devices, or was the install script
able to do that for you?

    I've used the PC/x series and the PC/?I? (the one with the single
"host" card and up to 8 clusters,etc) without incident under SCO.  Have
you looked to see that the major and minor numbers listed in the /dev
devices match the kernel's idea of these devices?  Is this installed
modularly?

    Linux is a new world for me, but I'm told Digiboard now supports it,
I just don't know how far.

    Bri

Digiboard problems

Post by Brian Fahrlande » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> I have a Digiboard PC/Xe 16 port serial board.  I am trying to get the ports
> configured with Linux and not having any success at all.

> The card has been configured with default settings I/O=200, Int=10, ROM=D0000.

> I have installed the old dos software and am able to output to Com5-20 without
> a problem.  However when I try to echo data from Linux I get a "Cannot Create"
> error.  This typically happens when I/O is unable to go to a device.

> I have tried downloading the drivers from ftp.digibd.com, and the default
> drivers in 2.0.29 Slackware.  Neither seem to be working.  Any suggestions?

    Just a thought to make sure you haven't overlooked the
obvious....did you create the /dev devices, or was the install script
able to do that for you?

    I've used the PC/x series and the PC/?I? (the one with the single
"host" card and up to 8 clusters,etc) without incident under SCO.  Have
you looked to see that the major and minor numbers listed in the /dev
devices match the kernel's idea of these devices?  Is this installed
modularly?

    Linux is a new world for me, but I'm told Digiboard now supports it,
I just don't know how far.

    Bri

1. strange Digiboard problem (ISC UNIX)

I have a 386 box that's been running ISC UNIX 2.2 (SVR3) for nearly two
years now. It has a Digiboard Digichannel PC/16i (16-port serial board)
that has an unusual problem every now and then.

Every now and then (two or three times since the box was first configured)
accessing one of the ports either directly or through a dial-up results in
the following message during a login.

        Warning no access to tty (not a typewriter)
        Thus no job control in this shell

I found that the "not a typewriter" message is coming from /bin/login and
the rest of the warning message is generated by tcsh (/bin/csh will
generate a similar message). I have never been able to figure out what this
warning message means or what to do about it short of rebooting the system.

A few more clues: (1) "ps -ef" will not show an attached tty for processes
run from a session connected to the "misbehaving" port. (2) /etc/whodo
has the same problem (no tty reported attached to a process on that port).
(3) tty *does* report the correct /dev/ttyxx port when logged into the
misbehaving port. (4) 'su' will not run if logged into the bad port.

Any advice, hints, etc. would be appreciated...todd
--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii, Psychology Department

2. DIP problems - hangs at beginning

3. Digiboard problems.

4. 2.4.5-ac15

5. DigiBoard problems

6. USB printer setup difficulty

7. SCO & Digiboard Problems

8. What do it mean?

9. Digiboard problem

10. Hi Everyone using a Digiboard Sync 570i together with a Cisco Digiboard sync570i and cisco

11. DIGIBOARD, DIGIBOARD, WHERE ARE YOUR DRIVERS ??

12. Digiboard setup problem

13. Digiboard PC/Xr - ditty cfg problems