Mounting a Mitsumi FX100D 2x CD-ROM

Post by Don Dett » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>>I get a
>>can not mount cd-rom error. Anyone have this problem before and
>>remember how he resolved it!?

>same problem here

>>Interface Card Settings:  port 340, irq 10, dma 5

>My settings also

>>I might not get the response. Thanks.

>Could someone mail a solution in this newsgroup so we all can benefit.

The defaults for the FX001D in Linux are the same as they
are for the controller -- (0x300,10).  DMA is not used.  If you need
to use other values, you can specify them through LILO with a
statement like:

append="mcd=0x634,11"

inside the image section in lilo.conf (and re-run LILO)
or you can edit the macros that specify those values in mcd.h, and
rebuild the kernel.  To get the bootdisk to see non-standard addresses,
enter something like:

ramdisk mount mcd=0x634,11

at the prompt for additional parameters.

Also, you should have an entry in fstab for the device and there
has to be a cd with an ISO9660 filesystem on it in the drive when
you attempt to mount it.

Read the bootdisk, cdrom, and kernel HOWTOs and the LILO manual for
complete info.

Hope that helps.

1. Mounting a Mitsumi FX100D 2x CD-ROM

Okie now.. This is what's going on:

I can make the boot, root disks with my cd-rom via the dos drivers.
Obviously while I'm in dos, the linux installation program thinks I'm
worthy (i.e. I have the proprietary(sp?!) interface card) but once I
try to install it from the main menu (after selecting source), I get a
can not mount cd-rom error. Anyone have this problem before and
remember how he resolved it!?

Interface Card Settings:  port 340, irq 10, dma 5
In DOS, I use a non-software polling driver (ends in a E) via an irq.
Works fine.  I was able to load windows, read the intallation disk and
make the boot, root disks very easily.

I was able to partition the linux harddrive and make the swap files and
all. Now all I need is Linux!! hehe. <grumble>

I might not get the response. Thanks.

- Romesh...

2. how to run script after adsl-start

3. Mitsumi CD-ROM 2X Problems

4. Permission denied

5. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

6. user2netname

7. Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM Drive

8. How to change prompt in X windows

9. Another nightmare trying to install a 2X MITSUMI CD-ROM Drive!!!

10. Mitsumi 2x CD-ROM drive, IRQ 11 address?

11. Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

12. Bootdisk for 2x MITSUMI CD-ROM

13. Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM