Compiling pegasus module(latest) on COL 2.3 @Home USB

Post by Jim » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm running the out of the box kernel,gcc,glibc and libc.  In case you need
to know.  I can't get the make file to run.  First off, I'm a newbie to
linux.  I'm going to ask a newbie question.  What directory should this be
in to run make?  I had to concatenate lines 2-5 to get it to go past line 3.
I also change the include directory to /usr/include/linux and found and
copied usb.h to this directory.  Now it says that I need a ,(comma) by
pegasus.o.  Go figure.  I can understand and muddle my way through most
code, but this got me baffled.  The dl address is:

http://www.spct.net/petkan/

In case someone wonders, this is a driver for the USB ethernet that is used

The above link was found at:
www.linux-usb.org

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

1. Compiling tulip.c under COL 2.3

Hi All,
I am trying to use a CNet Pro120 NIC with Caldera 2.3. I went out to the
CNet website and downloaded their Linux driver and am trying install it. I
am having trouble finding the file "gcc" (the compiler ?) I did a "Network
Server" type of install on this box and the gcc file isn't where I would
expect it to be. On another Caldera 2.3 box it is located in /usr/bin/. Any
idea where it is or where on the install CD I can find it. Also, is there a
command I can use from the command line that searches for files?

I have included the install procedures so you can see what I am seeing.

TIA.....David

     PRO120 100/10 Mbps PCI Bus Fast Ethernet Adapter
                  Linux driver Installation Guide
Installation Procedure
======================
1. Log in into the root

2. In the Linux prompt, copy the tulip.c from the diskette A: and issue the
   command as below:
   #mcopy a:/Linux/tulip.c .

3. Compile the tulip.c to be a module as below:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall -Wstrict-prototype
s -O6 -c tulip.c `[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] &&
echo -DMODVERSIONS`

4. Load the module, and issue the command as following:

   insmod tulip

5. Confirm the setting, such as:

   ifconfig eth0 192.72.53.23
   route add default gw 192.72.53.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 metric 1

   192.72.53.23 is the IP assigned by your administrator

2. Mustek ScanExpress 12000P scanner driver

3. Sound on COL 2.3

4. Combining access & referer logs (http-analyze)

5. COL 2.3 and SB Live

6. RH 7.2 newbie: How to use ZIP 250 ide drive?

7. Help! Installing Netscape 4.7 on COL 2.3.

8. filesystems.c in 2.5.6-pre1 still not fixed

9. COL 2.3 & libc.so.6

10. (newbie): COL 2.3 --> INIT: Id "gu" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes

11. COL 2.3 & host_type

12. kppp "kernel has no ppp support" error in COL 2.3

13. JDK1.2.2 vs JDK1.1.7 on COL 2.3 -- some comments