LILO control over NT, 95 and Messy-DOS?

Post by Daniel L. Lova » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>I wanna install Linux on my new machine, but have some LILO
>questions...

>I run Windows NT, Windows 95 and MS-DOS on this thing now, everything
>controlled by NT's "boot manager" and what I'm wondering is, can LILO
>happily co-exist with this thing or, take it's place?

>What's the poop on booting multiple OS'es with LILO?  Didn't find a
>HOW-TO that addressed this situation..

>TIA

I run Linux, NT, and DOS on the same machine.  I have LILO installed on the
master boot record and have had no problems.  When I originally installed
everything, I installed DOS first, then used fdisk to partition the drive.
I then installed NT, and then LINUX last.  After booting, LILO hands
everything over to the NT loader if you choose to boot to DOS.

I have 6 partitions - DOS, NT, LINUX, LINUX swap, and a couple of FAT
partitions for files.  I think the only important thing is that DOS be on
the first partition of the disc.

Dan

1. Remote control DOS/Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT/OS2 WARP from UNIX!

International Software Solutions is pleased to announce that R.S.M.
Java Manager BETA 1.0 is now available. Register at www.iss2you.com
to receive it by email.Install it, test it and tell us what you think of it.
Thanks for your trust.- International Software SolutionsOVERVIEW
R.S.M. JAVA Manager is the JAVA component of Remote Services
Management, the remote control and remote distribution solution. It
will enhance R.S.M. capabilities to manage heterogeneous
environments. R.S.M. JAVA Manager is designed to allow fast and easy
remote control operations from any JAVA compatible platform. R.S.M.
JAVA Manager provides similar features with the R.S.M. standard
Manager, and will allow you to control any PC running a R.S.M. Client
(version 3.0 or higher).KEY FEATURES
* Control any PC system (Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, DOS,
  OS/2) from any computer which supports Java, regardless of its
  operating system (Including SUN OS, UNIX, MAC OS, etc.).
* Manage remote access in total security using passwords and logon
identifiers.
* Benefit from all the current client module features (except files
transfer).
* Connect and control any existing version of the R.S.M. Client
  module (from 3.0 and higher) * Number of colors : monochrome, 16 or  256.
* Change compression
* Once connected features: key combination, Client screen blanking,
  remove Client wallpaper, reboot,...CONTACT US
For any comments/requests or technical assistance pleasecontact:
  http://www.iss2you.com

2. vendors and password security

3. A Chilling FBI WARNING!!!

4. lilo dos, win-95 and Linux.

5. Linux on e-machine 366si - Watch Out!

6. how to use lilo to boot 95, nt and linux

7. Solaris Hard Real-Time???

8. How to remove LILO from a Windows 95 and NT?

9. Linux access from dos/win/windows 95/NT

10. LILO config for Linux, Windows 95 and DOS

11. Linux LILO Problems and How to install NT after installing 95 and SUSE

12. Minimum Hard Ware Requirement for Windows NT,95,Dos & linex,