Linux-User-Hardware-Software Database?

Post by Michael Hoenni » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

does anybody know a web project where Linux user can voluntarily
register with their hardware (and probably software) and which can be
searched to find people with similar hardware for information
interchange? If not, has anybody interest in that?

Thanks
        Michael

Post by Robert » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

does anybody know a web project where Linux user can voluntarily
register with their hardware (and probably software) and which can be
searched to find people with similar hardware for information
interchange? If not, has anybody interest in that?

Thanks

Sometimes ago I proposed in an Italian news something like that (it was a
Black Book somthing opposed to what you are asking for)
If you find it please tellme
The problem is Hardware Distrib Series

see you

Post by Gunnar Lindhol » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> does anybody know a web project where Linux user can voluntarily
> register with their hardware (and probably software) and which can be
> searched to find people with similar hardware for information
> interchange? If not, has anybody interest in that?

Hello.
I think this is a realy great idea! Then people with problem/question
with/about  hardware XYZ could just have a look there!

I have found something on lhd.datapower.com
that might be something.
Gunnar.