Sony Monitor Setup

Post by Tomasz Lukasia » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
    I just got a new 17in Sony MultiScan 200ES along with a Creative
Labs Graphics Blaster Riva TNT video card.  I'd like to run at 1280x1024
resolution, but I want to use all the available refresh capability of
the monitor.  The specs give it 30-70k kHz horizontal and 50-120 kHz
vertical.  XFree86 gives three ready-to-go 1280x1024 modes, but the only
one that is below 70 kHz horizontal is also only 60 kHz vertical (thus
causing a slight flicker).  Can anyone tell me the mode parameters
I should use in order to run at 1280x1024 with a good vertical refresh
rate?

Thanks
Tom

Sony Monitor Setup

Post by Tomasz Lukasia » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[...]

1. Problem Configuring ET4000-W32p_revision_c PCI card and SONY Multiscan 15sf monitor

Dear Linux users,

One of my frends has just installed Slackware (2.2?) on his P5/90
machine that has an ET4000-W32p_revision_c PCI graphics card and Sony
Multiscan 15sf monitor. The installation was not a problem, however
configureing XF86 for the above hardwere tricked us. X starts up with
no problem.  The picture is stable and flicker free, however when the
mouse cursor is moved on the screen it lives a trail (X marks)
everywhere along its path. The same problem happens with both the
XF86_W32 and XF86_SVGA server.

If anybody has been able to configure XF86 for the above hardware or
knows how to do it I'd appreciate some help or a working XF86Config
file.

Yours faithfully.
Bela Pecsek.

2. XMosaic 1.2 + term detonates my computer

3. Sony, Eizo 17'' monitors

4. multiple network cards ??

5. Sony 15 SF II Monitor

6. need partition suggestions

7. modeDB for SONY 15sf monitor?

8. OW 6.6.1: RENDER extention not enabled when m64 in 8+24 mode

9. X-Windows and Sony Monitor

10. Help: Timings for Monitor Sony GDM 1901-22 ???

11. Sony GDM-1950 Triniton Monitor

12. Sony 200sx Monitor

13. Sony monitor configuration