actiontec v.92 callwaiting modem

Post by thunderroost » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:19:30

Hello everyone.I have a actiontec v.92 callwaiting modem.Every time I
try to logon to my isp I get an error saying serial line is not 8 bit
clean.I have tried the lcp-max-configure 30.That did not work.I was
wondering if it was a driver problem or not.I use to have a usr
3cp5610a modem upgraded to v.92.It gave me and error saying line is
loopbacked or something like that.I found the right drivers for it.I
download the new drivers for it and it started working without a
problem.Thats why I wonder if it is a driver problem,but i dont know
what it is.I hope it aint the drivers cuase actiontec does not provide
linux drivers.I would appreciate any help.

Thank You,
Thunderrooster

Post by thunderroost » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:30:56

> Hello everyone.I have a actiontec v.92 callwaiting modem.Every time I
> try to logon to my isp I get an error saying serial line is not 8 bit
> clean.I have tried the lcp-max-configure 30.That did not work.I was
> wondering if it was a driver problem or not.I use to have a usr
> 3cp5610a modem upgraded to v.92.It gave me and error saying line is
> loopbacked or something like that.I found the right drivers for it.I
> download the new drivers for it and it started working without a
> problem.Thats why I wonder if it is a driver problem,but i dont know
> what it is.I hope it aint the drivers cuase actiontec does not provide
> linux drivers.I would appreciate any help.

> Thank You,
> Thunderrooster

Hello.I have found out some interesting information about actiontec
modems.I emailed actiontec tech support they told me that the modem
would not work if you are using kernel 2.4.x.And it would not work
with Linux-Mandrake 8.1.Get this the older 56k callwaiting modem,which
is the exact same modem as mine but without the v.92 will work with
Linux-Mandrake 6.1.Here is a link
http://www.linhardware.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?1157 look at the
user reports.This is the interesting part I went to mandrake home page
and looked up the Actiontec PCI56012-01CW 56K V/Fax PCI,it will not
work with mandrake 8.1.
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hard-details.php3?F_TYPE=modem&F_ID=86
.Why if you buy the new version of Linux-Mandrake the modem will not
work.Whats the deal with 2.4.x kernels.It looks like ill have to
install a older kernel to get it to work.I am sorry I dont get it,the
Actiontec PCI56012-01CW 56K V/Fax has a overall rating of 5.0 on this
page http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hard-details.php3?F_TYPE=modem&F_ID=86
and a user report says it will work with LInux-Mandrake 6.1 but on
this page http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hard-details.php3?F_TYPE=modem&F_ID=86
they said it would not work with 8.1.I hope Linux-Mandrake or the
kernel people fix the problem.I would like to know what the problem
is.I appreciate everyone trying to help me.If anyone finds out what
the problem is I would appreciate if you emailed me at

Thank You,
Thunderrooster

1. Opinions Sought: Actiontec 56k V.92 Ext. Modem

I'm thinking of buying an Actiontec 56k V.92 modem (external) which uses a
Lucent Venus chip. This modem is one of just a handful that has V.92 support
so I'm leaning towards it as the price is pretty good, but I'm wondering if
_theres_a_reason_why_ the price is so good. I'd sure appreciate it if any
who are using this modem could email me directly regarding any pros/cons WRT
use w/ NetBSD/i386.

Cheers,
Beaker

2. Can't talk to my 3-1/2" drive...

3. Is there a Gnome applet for V.92 modem?

4. Linux - Netscape through Microsoft Proxy

5. anyone using Creative ModemBlaster v.92 PCI Modem?

6. Very weird Netscape problem

7. Supported V.92 v/f/d modems

8. tset for linux

9. USB 56k v.92 modems?

10. KDE and V.92 modems?

11. modem 56k V.92 usb for linux

12. try null modem on serial cable (was: HP 700/92)

13. V.92 modem that does not require 'doze