help this newbie: multiple tuner cards and capture cards setup, LINUX MULTIPLEXOR

help this newbie: multiple tuner cards and capture cards setup, LINUX MULTIPLEXOR

Post by DJ L » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:54:11

Hello,

I am an absolute novice to linux.
I'll appreciate your help.

I'd like to setup multiple TV tuner cards(FOUR tuner cards to be
exact) in one computer.
The sole purpose of this is to watch 4 different Video signals
SIMULTANEOUSLY, however, no video capturing is needed, in
fact, the computer will not be utilized for any other computational
functions other than simultaneous display of 4 different
video signals.
Each video input signal will be normal NTSC signal feed(such as
Camcorder line-out) through normal RCA video jack.
One may call it a linux multiplexor.

I hear Mandrake is newbie-friendly, can this be achieved under
mandrake?
What card? tuner card or capture card? Since no tuning or capturing is
needed, either type will do. What card of this sort is
more linux friendly? (Does Mandrake handle USB TV tuners or USB video
capture devices?)
What TV tuner program? KwinTV?
Will 4 PCI cards in one computer perform simultaneously without
conflicts(IRQ, etc)?

Any and all possible problems I may encounter in this setup?

Thank you all.

PS
I do not want to use USB cameras or any other cameras that utilize
signal standards other than NTSC.

1. help needed: multiple tuner cards and capture cards

[...]

2. unix

3. help this newbie: multiple tuners/capture cards in one computer

4. Sharing swap file between MS-Windows and Linux

5. Linux multiplexor? Help this newbie with multiple tuner cards/capture cards setup

6. Post-newbie (but not by much) IP forwarding questions

7. mutiple tv tuner cards/video capture cards, newbie question

8. Qdisc list crashed.

9. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

10. AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

11. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

12. What's the most stable Video Capture/Tuner Card for Linux?

13. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?