Support for Paradise Pipeline Video Card????

Support for Paradise Pipeline Video Card????

Post by Warren J. Ha » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

After having my motherboard replaced, the service people also had to
replace the previous video card with a Paradise Pipeline 64 PCI card
due to compatibility problems between the old video card and the new
motherboard.   Aside from tripping all over itself and the other
Plug-n-Pray cards on the system, the new card seems reasonably good, with
on-board MPEG acceleration and a 64-bit graphics engine.
However, that is only under Win95.

The old video card, although not a great card, was at least supported
under Linux.  I have been doing a lot of looking around and can NOT
find any mention of Linux support or Xfree96 3.2 support for this video
card.  It has a P9710 video chip with 1Mb EDO DRAM with a PCI
interface.  Currently I am having the support people straighten out the
mess they created by putting in too many P-n-P devices, so I have the
option of changing the Paradise card out for a Diamond Stealth card if
needed for Linux.  So, am I correct in my understanding that this
Philips Electronics produced Paradise video card is not supported under
Linux?  Does anyone else have any experience with this card?

Thanks,
Warren Hack

1. Support for Paradise Pipeline 64 Video Card

Is there any xfree86 support for the Paradise Pipeline 64 Video card?  The
primary chip on the card is labelled: WD9710-MZ.  I've already tried the
following:

- Used the Generic VGA driver (mouse problems, see separate message)

- Specified no video card from the card database, but used the SVGA server
(momentarily got a very blocky display that soon vanished entirely.)

So tell me, just how screwed am I?

2. Where can i find libX11.a

3. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

4. Warp, Boot Manager & Linux

5. Paradise Pipeline 64 PCI video driver?

6. SPINUP Digitals RZ57 Disk

7. Paradise Pipline 64 video card support??

8. FTP proxy on Suse box running firewals ...

9. Paradise "Pipeline 64" card

10. Paradise VLB WD90C31 card: What is the video card?

11. Video support for Paradise accelerated??

12. X Windows and Paradise Pipeline 64

13. Paradise Pipeline 64 and X