Configuring kernal with PCMCIA Support for ADAPTEC slimSCSI

Configuring kernal with PCMCIA Support for ADAPTEC slimSCSI

Post by Roger Billa » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Is it possible to configure the Linux kernel with PCMCIA support
so that it will recognize an Adaptec 1460A slimSCSI PCMCIA card
sooner than it does now?

Right now in order to use an external SCSI linux disk, we must hook
the laptop to a docking station with a built in SCSI host adapter.
The kernel resides on the internal dos disk in the laptop.  Using
loadlin, the kernel is ran which then goes out and finds the external
Linux disk, mounts the root partition and brings up Linux.

What we want to do is elimitate the docking station and hook up the
external Linux SCSI disk to the PCMCIA scsi card.  The problem is
that the PCMCIA support isn't loaded until it executes the rc.pcmcia
script which is located in the /etc/rc.d directory on the external
disk. This presents us with a bit of a catch 22.  If the PCMCIA SCSI
adapter can be recognized in the kernel then we could boot up using
the above senario but without the docking station.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Roger

1. Configuring kernel with PCMCIA Support for ADAPTEC slimSCSI

[...]

2. Replacement dsl modem for DSL-604+

3. Error trying to configure Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460 PCMCIA

4. create account only for backup?

5. Adaptec SlimSCSI PCMCIA Driver?

6. XML and Java to break the Microsoft Monopoly

7. use both of pcmcia megahertz xj2288 + adaptec slimscsi 1460 ???

8. arghhh. Delete newline from end of 4th line.

9. Adaptec SlimSCSI 1480 PCMCIA

10. Adaptec APA-1450 PCMIA SlimSCSI supported?

11. Are the Adaptec SLIMSCSI 1460 supported

12. Adaptec 1450 slimscsi support?

13. Adaptec slimSCSI APA1480 (UltraSCSI) supported?