External IDE case for parallel port?

Post by Thomas Steffe » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for an external case for two IDE devices (if possible,
CDRW+hd). It should connect to the parallel port, and be supported
under Win 95, 98, NT and Linux.

Any idea where to find such a beast? If possible in Europe? If this is
not possible, I might take a case for an CDRW only.

Thanks a lot!

                Thomas
--
Internet-Election comming: http://www.democratic-internet.de/

External IDE case for parallel port?

Post by Brett C. Camma » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

On 19 Sep 2000 16:50:25 +0200, Thomas Steffen

>I'm looking for an external case for two IDE devices (if possible,
>CDRW+hd). It should connect to the parallel port, and be supported
>under Win 95, 98, NT and Linux.

I sure have never seen one for *two* IDE devices, but here's a source

http://www.computergate.com/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=1076034525102444&cd=H...

I do not know if they ship internationally, nor what OS is supported.
Hope this is of some assistance.

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack

Post by Thomas Steffe » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> On 19 Sep 2000 16:50:25 +0200, Thomas Steffen

>> I'm looking for an external case for two IDE devices (if possible,
>> CDRW+hd). It should connect to the parallel port, and be supported
>> under Win 95, 98, NT and Linux.

> I sure have never seen one for *two* IDE devices, but here's a source

> http://www.computergate.com/cgi-bin/prodinfo?sn=1076034525102444&cd=H...

Thanks a lot. I have found a german dealer who guaranties Win 95, NT
and Linux compatibility. Only one drive thought. I have found one
reference to a twin case, but that seems to be unavailable. It should
to be a freecom, who don't say anything about the Linux support :-( .

        Thomas
--
Internet-Election comming: http://www.democratic-internet.de/