Anybody tried Sony laptop w/Linux yet?

Post by Matt Holid » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Just as the Subject line said :-)

Sony's come out with a pair of laptops that *look* good, the 705c and 707c.
Unfortunately, their web site doesn't identify the graphics chip set, so I
can't tell yet wether they'll run XFree86.  The floppy can be used outside
the laptop with an adaptor, so installing with CD+boot floppy should work.

Just wondering if anybody's bought one and tried to install Linux....

--
Matt Holiday                                #include <std/disclaimer>
matthewh at idt.net        "The only good spammer is a dead spammer."

1. Linux and Compaq LTE 5300 Laptop, has anybody tried it yet?

    I recently got a used laptop, it is a Compaq LTE 5300 (P133, 32mb ram,
1.3gb HD, etc...)  and I was wondering if anybody has ever tried putting
linux on a system like it.  I would like to find out about any problems
people have had with linux and the 5300 before put linux on there, because
it would save me some trouble, if I knew whether or not it would work very
well. Thanx for any information....

James C.  Schiller

2. fingerlike program

3. Anybody tried Linux on Athlon yet?

4. Need help truncating lines

5. sony vaio linux notebook -- anybody tried this?

6. Solaris 2.8 + SSH Bug

7. Anybody tried a 760E Thinkpad yet?

8. T-Shirt Idea + Free Joke

9. TCNS 100MBit ARCnet anybody tried yet?

10. Anybody try Asus P2BS or SuperMicro P6DBS yet???

11. Anybody install Linux on a Toshiba Portege yet?

12. Linux Journal #2 Anybody get theirs yet?

13. Sony Spressa USB - Anybody using it with linux?