Alta Research Ethercard ???

Post by Paul Willia » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have just recently been given an Alta Research Corp. ETC-16+ ethernet
card and would like to put it in my Linux system, but can't find any
reference to the company or to the card on the net.  Does anyone know
which card this one emulates, or what driver to use?  It's got the
AT/LANTIC DP83905AVQB chip on board, if that helps.

Please email any replies as well as posting them, as my news server only
keeps three days of news, and I don't always get to read the news within
those three days.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul T. Williams
Student Asst. Systems Administrator

Alta Research Ethercard ???

Post by David J. Wei » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

The atlantic chip is an improved 8390. This card should work fine with the
ne2000 driver.

djweis

David Weis

> I have just recently been given an Alta Research Corp. ETC-16+ ethernet
> card and would like to put it in my Linux system, but can't find any
> reference to the company or to the card on the net.  Does anyone know
> which card this one emulates, or what driver to use?  It's got the
> AT/LANTIC DP83905AVQB chip on board, if that helps.

1. ALTA Research ETC-16

Has anyone had problems getting an Alta Research ETC-16 card to work?

The NE*000 probe always finds it at 0x300 irq9 no matter what the jumpers
are set at.

If I set it for 300/9 or any other settings like soft/9 the system hangs when
accessing the card.

Any insight is appreciated.

--

Plymouth, MI 48170-2023                | IBMMAIL:USFMCXVV (w), I1025845 (h)

2. for multiboot with WinNT

3. Anyone familiar, Alta Research Corp Ethernet Card?

4. Handling space in program name

5. OS Research == NT Research ?

6. Static and shared libraries

7. Alta Ethervalue-16 setup prog?

8. Next UIIIi generation

9. help in sumitting URL to Alta Vista

10. alta vista

11. Alta Vista ignoring my HTML pages

12. Linux and PCI RTL8029 Ethercard card ???

13. Linux and wd8013 ethercard