middle mouse button on three button mice

middle mouse button on three button mice

Post by William Colema » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:28:57

does anyone have a functioning 3-button mouse with a "Chic" label on top
who can get the middle button te be recognised by gpm/X.

when the button is pressed. I don't know what else and will only
investigate if there is nothing I have missed to set it up.

Under gpm it functions on the newer pnp type, it sends a M on opening
the serial port.

If anyone can point me to a version of gpm which can use it I would be
grateful.
I do know how to get at the source and hack in the support if nessacary
but I don't want to unless I have to.

1. Using middle button on 2-button mouse

I use a 2-button Microsoft mouse with Solaris 2.5.1 for the x86.
I run mainly X windows applications, some of which want
me to access the middle mouse button (which I don't have). Are there
ways around this? Can the middle mouse button be simulated somehow?

--
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, Dept. Of Mathematics

2. Dirty memory after dropping privs

3. Middle button on 3-button mouse not registering

4. DHCP renewal problem

5. How to make the middle button work in a 3 button mouse?

6. Solaris -1.-1.-1

7. Setting up 3-button mouse with the middle button as wheel?

8. Disabling the boot logo?

9. Middle mouse button sometimes generates button 1 and 3 events

10. Middle button on Logitech 3 button mouse

11. 3-button PS2 mouse on a 390 - middle button not working

12. xterm : right button instead of middle mouse button for scrolling

13. Middle mouse button equals left button (fvwm, Slackware)?