TV card on Linux

Post by Stasnilav Koga » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I'm planning to install a TV card on my Linux mashine. What card should
I install? Are there potential problems I should be ready for?

10x in advance,

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>

TV card on Linux

Post by Hans J?rgens » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I'm planning to install a TV card on my Linux mashine. What card should
>I install? Are there potential problems I should be ready for?

I can recommend the Hauppauge-cards, mine work great in linux.

--
Hans J?rgensen - Boris - #Linux.dk & #Danmark on the Undernet
Homepage -> http://boris.n3.net

TV card on Linux

Post by Billy Reynol » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am using the Hauppauge TV card with video for linux installed as a
module. I am using the bttv driver and Xawtv. Works great.

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 01:24:23 +0000, Stasnilav Kogan

>Hi!

>I'm planning to install a TV card on my Linux mashine. What card should
>I install? Are there potential problems I should be ready for?

>10x in advance,

TV card on Linux

Post by Edward Lee Ah Ye » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

If you have an ATI video card the ISA TV tuner works great with GATOS!!

> Hi!

> I'm planning to install a TV card on my Linux mashine. What card should
> I install? Are there potential problems I should be ready for?

> 10x in advance,

> --

> Stanislav Kogan
> <*>

TV card on Linux

Post by j.. » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>If you have an ATI video card the ISA TV tuner works great with GATOS!!

        Does anyone know the status of any drivers for any of the
        digital TV tuners. ATI was showing off an all in wonder at
        their Comdex booth that included Digital Tuning and a Digital
        VCR app as well...

--

   One of the great lies of our age is the myth that
   Microsoft has somehow managed to turn these random

TV card on Linux

Post by Phil Reynol » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi!

> I'm planning to install a TV card on my Linux mashine. What card should
> I install? Are there potential problems I should be ready for?

> 10x in advance,

I used a Hauppauge Win/TV witn NICAM stereo before I had time to switch
to Linux. It took a total system rebuild to get it working, because I had
an S3 Trio64V+/PCI. However, the whole machine was in need of a rebuild
anyway, so it didn't matter.

The only thing I can't actually do with it is get full screen. I can just
about cope if I stretch the window to 11x11 and switch to 800x600. Getting
the modules to load at startup with the correct settings (card type 2, tuner
type 1 (PAL-Ireland)) would be good, but I think I'll manage that soon!

--
Phil Reynolds

|L_ \  / Web: http://www.hedgford.demon.co.uk/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Windows 95