HP LaserJet IIIP HOWTO or mini-HOWTO needed!

HP LaserJet IIIP HOWTO or mini-HOWTO needed!

Post by Steve Orze » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi. I am relatively new to Linux and I want to get my
printer to work. I have an HP LaserJet IIIP laser printer,
attached to the LPT1 port. I was wondering if there is a
HOWTO or a mini-HOWTO about how to get this printer to work,
or any printer for that matter. Any help or links would be
greatly appreciated.

Steve Orzel

HP LaserJet IIIP HOWTO or mini-HOWTO needed!

Post by Kenyon Ralp » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

There is a printing howto which should help you:
http://www.linuxhq.com/LDP/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO.html

--
Kenyon Ralph

Post by Rod Roar » Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>There is a printing howto which should help you:
>http://www.linuxhq.com/LDP/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO.html

>>Hi. I am relatively new to Linux and I want to get my
>>printer to work. I have an HP LaserJet IIIP laser printer,
>>attached to the LPT1 port. I was wondering if there is a
>>HOWTO or a mini-HOWTO about how to get this printer to work,
>>or any printer for that matter. Any help or links would be
>>greatly appreciated.

My IIIP works great with Slackware.  I used the apsfilter package to set
it up, choosing Laserjet III as the printer type.

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                         Starting at $499