2nd EIDE controller on i430Tx

Post by Christian Kleitsc » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody!

I have a motherboard with i430TX chipset, Pentium 166MMX and I run
RedHat Linux 5.0 (kernel 2.0.32). And now the problem: the kernel
doesn't recognise my 2nd EIDE controller (a CD-ROM drive is connected on
it).
I get a message like: hdc not responding (error code (maybe return code
?) 0x0d)
The kernel recognises it only if the boot order in BIOS is CDROM,C,A
(CDROM first). All other configurations lead to that error message.

Is there a patch or something like that to fix this?

Thanx,
Chris
 _______________________
|  _____________________)
| |
| | |
| | |___   ___    _____
| | |   | |    | (_____
| | |   | |    |  _____)
| |       //
| |___oo_0 0_oo_________
|_________U_____________)

1. linux on 2nd EIDE HDD as primary on 2nd EIDE controller

Hi to All!
  I have a NEC PowerMatev75 w/32MB RAM, and 2 EIDE drives.  They used to be
on the same chain, but when I installed them in this machine I gave each
its own drive controller.  Linux fdisk doesn't see the second hdd, or I
don't know how to tell it the right address.  /dev/hda doesn't work, and
neither does /dev/hdb.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Doug Hayden

2. AIX lp printing ascii through a2ps to NT printer

3. EIDE as 2nd controller, 3rd drive need driver driver

4. CDE Lockscreen doesn't work!

5. EIDE 2nd Controller, HD Detection CHS params.

6. Printing Problem.

7. 2nd Controller EIDE - Large Dr

8. Cron jobs always mail results?

9. EIDE as 2nd controller with third driver

10. EIDE 2nd Controller, HD Detection CHS params.

11. How to Install Linux on 2nd EIDE given Existing Primary EIDE w/Win95?

12. Linux on 2nd IDE drive on 2nd IDE controller?

13. Ultra 10 & 2nd EIDE drive