intergraph intense 3d voodoo

Post by M. Cape » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

anyone succeeded in getting the xfree86 svga server to operate
with the intergraph intense 3d voodoo card?? if so please post
the server version # and your XF86Config device record.

        thanx,
                m.capel

intergraph intense 3d voodoo

Post by Gary J. Hanl » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

...or any voodoo card for that matter. I believe I'm going to order the
Canopus Pure3D card shortly. I can only hope I'm not sacrificing X
for Win95/GLQuake.

Does anyone know if or how the voodoo add-on cards will effect my current
X configuration?

-- Gary

Post by Mark McCo » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> ...or any voodoo card for that matter. I believe I'm going to order the
> Canopus Pure3D card shortly. I can only hope I'm not sacrificing X
> for Win95/GLQuake.

> Does anyone know if or how the voodoo add-on cards will effect my current
> X configuration?

> -- Gary

> : anyone succeeded in getting the xfree86 svga server to operate
> : with the intergraph intense 3d voodoo card?? if so please post
> : the server version # and your XF86Config device record.

> :       thanx,
> :               m.capel

The addon cards won't.  You'll see an "Unrecognized PCI Device" (or
something similar) error on startup, but since X has no knowledge (or
use for) the card it ignores it.  If you install the linux glide
libraries and Mesa, then programs that use the card will know how to
acces it, and it will take over.  I haven't personally used my Pure3D in
Linux since I have the luxury of a cobbled together Win59 games PC that
I run GLQuakeI/II and Jedi Knight on.

Get the Pure3D, it rocks!  I can't play regular games anymore!!

Post by Don O'Conne » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>...or any voodoo card for that matter. I believe I'm going to order the
>Canopus Pure3D card shortly. I can only hope I'm not sacrificing X
>for Win95/GLQuake.

>Does anyone know if or how the voodoo add-on cards will effect my current
>X configuration?

>-- Gary

>: anyone succeeded in getting the xfree86 svga server to operate
>: with the intergraph intense 3d voodoo card?? if so please post
>: the server version # and your XF86Config device record.

>:   thanx,
>:           m.capel

Use the XSuSE_AT3D server from the suse site. I am running this very server
with the Intense card. Seems to work well
(better than the virge with its X server that I was using)