Browser based backup tools?

Post by Rask » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Anybody aware of any browser based backup tools similar to Linuxconf or
SWAT? I need to be able to work from a workstation and not the server itself
for backups.

Or a resource to creating my own browser based tool as mentioned above to do
tape backup type work.

BTW, I did get the my HP 20GB working, so now I need to make it more
non-tech friendly for a user.

Has anyone used "taper" from telnet?

Thanks!

yusuf

Browser based backup tools?

Post by Robie Bas » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:00:09 -0700, Rask0 said:

Quote:>Anybody aware of any browser based backup tools similar to Linuxconf or
>SWAT? I need to be able to work from a workstation and not the server itself
>for backups.

Why don't you ssh/telnet or X in to the server? This way all backup
programs will work. Or, alternatively, set up a cronjob to do the
backup automatically.

Quote:>[snip]

Robie.
--

Browser based backup tools?

Post by Henrik Carlqvis » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Anybody aware of any browser based backup tools similar to Linuxconf
> or SWAT? I need to be able to work from a workstation and not the
> server itself for backups.

Why not use telnet?

Quote:> Or a resource to creating my own browser based tool as mentioned
> above to do tape backup type work.

If you really want to do this the browser way you should search the
apache documentation for how to install apache. Then you will need to
learn some simple shell programming and write yourself a cgi-script.

regards Henrik
--
spammer strikeback:

Browser based backup tools?

Post by Rask » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I do use Telnet, but I am looking for something a bit more friendly for
users. Thanks for the input though - I was wondering how I might approach
the browser solution should I decide to go that route.

> > Anybody aware of any browser based backup tools similar to Linuxconf
> > or SWAT? I need to be able to work from a workstation and not the
> > server itself for backups.

> Why not use telnet?

> > Or a resource to creating my own browser based tool as mentioned
> > above to do tape backup type work.

> If you really want to do this the browser way you should search the
> apache documentation for how to install apache. Then you will need to
> learn some simple shell programming and write yourself a cgi-script.

> regards Henrik
> --
> spammer strikeback:

1. free X-based C source browser/xref/callgraph tool ?

I wonder if there exists a good free X tool to browse C sources.
Capabilities should include cross referencing, call graphs,
macro expansions, etc. : usual stuff, available in integrated
expensive products like Saber, Energize, Procase.

Ability to deal with C++ is a bonus.

2. Do any CD-R(W)'s work on Linux?

3. Browser based admin tools

4. Help! IP-NAT, NetBSD 1.4, and QuickTime 4 streaming

5. X-based tool for backup and restore

6. quota in suse 7.0

7. Which backup tool to backup huge filesystems to tape?

8. Cd-rom not supported

9. Browser based eBusiness and eCRM solutions

11. Text based web browser

12. Text based www browser

13. security issues for browser-based email