Multiple sound cards

Post by LaMeye » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Apart from irq/io resource contraints, would it be possible to run up to
four supported sound cards using Linux?

Multiple sound cards

Post by Don Carrol » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have done 2 , you have better luck with PCI cards and OSS drivers , buy
them
they work great for more then 1 card

why do you need 4 ?

--
D? ?

1. Multiple Sound Cards

A friend of mine is trying to put together a multimedia based application
and is in the need of setting up multiple Sound Blaster cards within a
single system so that he could play back multiple WAVE files from speakers
located at different locations within a room.

Does Linux sound drivers support multiple sound cards (configured at different
Base I/O addresses, interupts, etc..)?

Is there a better sound card that works under Linux to provide multiple
output channels (More than Left & Right) and can mix and play multiple
WAVE files on selected channels?

Thanks for any help.

--

----------------
John Willing

2. pine question

3. Source for SYSLOG library

4. How about multiple sound card support

5. xf86Elo.so module / for Elo touchscreens

6. Multiple sound cards

7. Solaris 10 Pam

8. Using Multiple Sound-Cards in the Kernel...

9. Multiple Sound Cards Setup

10. Multiple sound cards

11. Multiple Sound Cards under 2.2.x

12. Mandrake7.2 mouse problemes and multiple sound cards