Cisco Aironet 350 on Redhat 9

Post by lorr » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:55:45

Dear Friends,

I am going to use a Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wiress Card on my Redhat
9. The installation is sucessful. But I can't get an address from the
access point. The address is always 00.00.00.00. I want to know what
the problem lies in. Do I need to recompile the kernel?

Thanks in advance.

Lorry

Cisco Aironet 350 on Redhat 9

Post by Tauno Voipi » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:35:58

Quote:> Dear Friends,

> I am going to use a Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wiress Card on my Redhat
> 9. The installation is sucessful. But I can't get an address from the
> access point. The address is always 00.00.00.00. I want to know what
> the problem lies in. Do I need to recompile the kernel?

What do:

  ifconfig -a
  iwconfig
  route -n

report?

Do you have a DHCP server in the access point and a client in Linux?

Is it a private or public access point?

Pretty often, you need to set up the WLAN configuration files - it's not
enough to just add a card driver.

HTH

Tauno Voipio

Cisco Aironet 350 on Redhat 9

Post by lorr » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:41:42

Thanks for you reply.

It is public access point. But I don't have a WEP key for it but just
a LEAP account. I don't know how to config it using iwconfig in such a
situation.

I think the DHCP client is all right because Ican use the
wired network.

B.T.W, How can I diagnose it besides using ifconfig and iwconfig ?

Thanks again!

1. Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

Hi.

Does anyone know for sure which chipset the cisco aironet 350
PCMCIA card uses? We've got one on a laptop here, and were trying to get
airsnort working with it. We've got airsnort and kismet working on an
SMC2632W card with the linux-wlan-ng drivers (Version 0.1.13), but
although the airsnort page claims that the cisco aironet 350 card works
with it (And also claims only orinocco and prism/2 support), we are
unable to get the linux-wlan-ng drivers to access the cisco card at all.
(Although of course it works fine with the airo drivers & kismet, just
not with airsnort).

Does anyone know what the story is with airsnort and the cisco card?
Mistake on the webpage? Or are the airo drivers just customised prism/2
drivers? Is the cisco really a prism/2? Our experiments so far would
tend to say it's not...

TIA

Hamish.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |

2. Mystery machine...no keyboard or monitor...

3. Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

4. Code profiler

5. Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI 802.11 card - problems!

6. Linux, Netware, Telnet and an Xsession

7. Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless NIC

8. ppp & secure server

9. Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

10. sniffing 802.11with Cisco Aironet 350

11. Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

12. Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

13. Cisco Aironet 350 Setup on Slackware 8.0