GW2000 w/Matrox MGA WRAM card

Post by Toby Fal » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi. I'm close to purchasing a Gateway P5-200 with their OEM Matrox MGA
WRAM card (4 Mb).  Although a Matrox driver is now being written for
XFree86, I don't know when it will be available or if it will also
support this "Gatrox" OEM version of the Millenium.  The commercial
Metrolink Xserver which comes with the RedHat distribution does support
the Millenium, but the Metrolink folks have never tested it with the
"Gatrox" version.

So, is anyone out there running Xwindows on their Gateway with their OEM
Matrox WRAM card??  Which Xserver have you found to work?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Toby Falk

GW2000 w/Matrox MGA WRAM card

Post by geem » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Just a side note, the OEM MGA does not have the 220 RAMDAC chips (as
far as I know).  You way want to verify this with Gateway.  More of a
FYI, as I am preparing to purchase a system and found that out.

Post by Andrew E. Miles » Mon, 09 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Hi. I'm close to purchasing a Gateway P5-200 with their OEM Matrox MGA
: WRAM card (4 Mb).  Although a Matrox driver is now being written for
: XFree86, I don't know when it will be available or if it will also
: support this "Gatrox" OEM version of the Millenium.  The commercial
: Metrolink Xserver which comes with the RedHat distribution does support
: the Millenium, but the Metrolink folks have never tested it with the
: "Gatrox" version.

: So, is anyone out there running Xwindows on their Gateway with their OEM
: Matrox WRAM card??  Which Xserver have you found to work?

: Any information would be much appreciated.

Don't buy an OEM version!!! It has a slow 135MHz RAMDAC.
The retail version has a 220MHz RAMDAC.

Accelerated-X from X-Inside (http://www.xinside.com/) works great.
Metro-X from MetroLink (http://www.metrolink.com/) is slower, and
was still BETA last time I looked.

--
Andrew E. Mileski

Linux Plug-and-Play Project Leader  http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pnp/
PGP public keys are available from  http://www.redhat.com/~aem/pgp-keys.txt

Post by Steven Engelhar » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>: Hi. I'm close to purchasing a Gateway P5-200 with their OEM Matrox MGA
>: WRAM card (4 Mb).  Although a Matrox driver is now being written for
>: XFree86, I don't know when it will be available or if it will also
>: support this "Gatrox" OEM version of the Millenium.  The commercial
>: Metrolink Xserver which comes with the RedHat distribution does support
>: the Millenium, but the Metrolink folks have never tested it with the
>: "Gatrox" version.

>: So, is anyone out there running Xwindows on their Gateway with their OEM
>: Matrox WRAM card??  Which Xserver have you found to work?

>: Any information would be much appreciated.

>Don't buy an OEM version!!! It has a slow 135MHz RAMDAC.
>The retail version has a 220MHz RAMDAC.

>Accelerated-X from X-Inside (http://www.xinside.com/) works great.
>Metro-X from MetroLink (http://www.metrolink.com/) is slower, and
>was still BETA last time I looked.

>--
>Andrew E. Mileski

>Linux Plug-and-Play Project Leader  http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pnp/
>PGP public keys are available from  http://www.redhat.com/~aem/pgp-keys.txt

Actually, the Matrox OEM has a 175MHz RAMDAC which supports
1600x1200x72 hz and up... plenty enough for me.

Steve Engelhardt

1. Matrox MGA Millenium 2MB WRAM

I know this question has been posted before, but I haven't seen an answer
to it yet.

I have a Matrox MGA Millenium graphics card with 2MB WRAM.  Are there
drivers to enable me to run XFree86, and if so where do I get them from?

Please answer, even if only to inform me that there are not.

Yours,

Nick.

2. Modem problems

3. X and Matrox MGA Millenium 2MB WRAM

4. linux crash

5. Matrox Millenium 4MB WRAM Video Card

6. XAUDIO - fast multiplatform MPEG audio player

7. X server for a Matrox MGA video card

8. Apache 1.1 final forgets virtual configuration

9. Need help with a MGA Matrox Millenium Video Card

10. XFree86: Matrox MGA card help needed

11. Q: Which supplement includes drivers for the Matrox MGA-PCI/2+ card?

12. Is MATROX MGA Cards supported ?

13. Drivers for Matrox Millenium MGA (2mb) graphics card