1. Possible HW prob with X on Diamond Stealth
My PC is experiencing intermediate problems with the following symptoms:
- problems occur when PC and room are cold.
- xdm is started OK and shows prompt (boot goes to init state 4)
- when logging in, the client that is started in .xsession (can be
anything like fvwm, olvwm or xterm) will crash after 0-5 minutes (No, I
don't start them in the background :-)
After about 30-45 minutes the problem dissapears, and I can log in and
whatever client that is started runs stable for the whole day if need
(PC is Pentium 133 on Endeavour MB, 32MB 60ns EDO RAM, WD 1.6GB disk,
Diamond Stealth64 2MB VRAM OEM, the version with IBM RAMDAC)
I use Linux 1.2.13 and 1.3.56 and Accelerated-X and Xfree 3.1.2B (any
combination will have the error).
All this certainly points to a hardware problem. I don't think its a
memory problem, because I tried starting kernel compilations and a large
ORACLE RDBMS query that causes a lot of swapping. Compilation and ORACLE
wil run fine, X will crash for first 30-45 minutes, afterwords the whole
system runs as stable as a house.
Has someone seen this before? Could this be a hardware problem with the
2. Pentium Pro vs Pentium
3. Is my fetchmail prob. a sendmail prob.?
4. SCO Unix 5.0.2 - Enable/Disable problem
5. Sound card probs, modem probs. Help im cut off!!!!
6. Pentium 133Mhz (ALR Q-SMP) vs Sun Netra I20
7. XDM/X no '@' sign, sendmail daemon probs, v1.1.45 probs
8. Compaq/Cirrus 7543 - suggestions, help, anyone?
9. Display Prob (is it a font prob or not?)
10. minicom probs, & repititive config probs
11. Solaris 2.6 Fixes year 2K probs; does Linux suffer the same probs
12. Unusual mouse probs with Logitech Mouseman & X
13. Mouse & serial Probs - Compaq