Promise Fast Track 66 UDMA Raid Controller

Promise Fast Track 66 UDMA Raid Controller

Post by CyberChris1 » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I've a server running Linux, kernel 2.2.17, and a Promise IDE Raid
Controller. I've built a Raid1 (Mirror) for data redundancy but if I boot
the system the kernel writes me that he is not able to mount the root
filesystem. Now I tried to compile a kernel with IDE Raid support but I see
that Linux doesn't support this card I think. I also downloaded Kernel 2.4.0
test9 and this kernel still doesn't support this card too.
What I can do now?
Someone in here who installed this card successfully?
How I can install this card that I can use hardware raid?

Please help me, thanks

yours Chris
MCSE

Promise Fast Track 66 UDMA Raid Controller

Post by CyberChris1 » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I've a server running Linux, kernel 2.2.17, and a Promise IDE Raid
Controller. I've built a Raid1 (Mirror) for data redundancy but if I boot
the system the kernel writes me that he is not able to mount the root
filesystem. Now I tried to compile a kernel with IDE Raid support but I see
that Linux doesn't support this card I think. I also downloaded Kernel 2.4.0
test9 and this kernel still doesn't support this card too.
What I can do now?
Someone in here who installed this card successfully?
How I can install this card that I can use hardware raid?

Please help me, thanks

yours Chris
MCSE

Promise Fast Track 66 UDMA Raid Controller

Post by Carlos Domingue » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> How I can install this card that I can use hardware raid?

ftp://ftp.promise.com/Controllers/IDE/FastTrak100/LinuxBETA/fasttrak.txt

--
Carlos Dominguez
send all email;CC's;replies to

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Fast Track Raid 66 Controller

Hi Everyone
I have bought a Promise Fast Track Raid IDE 66 controller, because I want to
setup 2x60mb harddrives as a raid drive. When I connected the controller to
my computer Linux would'nt boot. It said that it could'nt find the irq of
the controller, and that it would probe it later, then it found the other
IDE drives and then just stopped. The controller is ok, I tried it in a
windows machine and it worked fine. I use Linux RedHat 6.1 with kernel
2.2.16-3(because of the large harddrives). I'm using one of the 60mb drives
now as a normal IDE drive and it works fine, so its proberly not a problem
with the drives either.
Bios tells me that the controller uses irq 9 and I cannot find anything else
which uses that irq, so its proberly not a irq conflict. However bios cannot
determinate the irq of my graphiccard(a very very old one) so its possible
there is a conflict between the controller and the graphiccard.
So if anyone knows how to find out the irq of a graphiccard I would very
much like to know.
And if you've had a similar problem with the Fast Track controller or got it
to work I would like to hear from you also.

Sincerely
  Peter Aagaard Kristensen

2. Multiport card

3. Sudden problem with linking, please help!

4. Timezone

5. Looking for linux drivers for MSI KT3 Ultra Promise Fast Track 133 Raid Controller

6. Problems with Ghostscript 4.03 and Epson Stylus Pro

7. Promise Fast Track IDE Raid Controller works under linux

8. Promise UDMA/66 PCI Controller?

9. Question: Problem with Promise Ultra-66 UDMA Controller Card

10. Promise FastTrak 66 RAID controller

11. Promise FastTrak 66 IDE RAID Controller