Hex speed ATAPI EIDE CDROM - HOW

Post by Clinton Smit » Sun, 21 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Long have i dreamed of running unix at home.
Linux has made this a reality.
I have loaded linux slackware from the distribution CD onto my C: drive
under DOS
and installed from the PCFS file system (/dosc)
All well and good...
The problem is that i cannot seem to get my Hex speed CDROM to talk to
linux.

I have experimented with the EIDE/ATAPI kernels that come with the CD
but to no avail.

Am i just attempting the impossible or can this be done?

The Drive is a Hitachi Hex speed IDE connected to the Primary channel of
the second IDE interface.

The System is a Pentium 166 although I Did not think this relevant.

I have written to hitachi and asked if they have a driver available,
Their response was that they did not but it _Should_ work :-(

Kind Regards,
Reply to :

or

1. - hex speed ATAPI CDROM under slackware

Long have i dreamed of running unix at home.
Linux has made this a reality.
I have loaded linux from the distribution CD onto my C: drive under DOS
and installed from the PCFS file system (/dosc)
All well and good...
The problem is that i cannot seem to get my Hex speed CDROM to talk to
linux.

I have experimented with the EIDE/ATAPI kernels that come with the CD
but to no avail.

Am i just attempting the impossible or can this be done?

The Drive is a Hitachi Hex speed IDE connected to the Primary channel of
the second IDE interface.

The System is a Pentium 166 although I Did not think this relevant.

I have written to hitachi and asked if they have a driver available,
Their response was that they did not but it _Should_ work :-(

Kind Regards,
Reply to :

or

2. character device for usb mouse

3. Atapi cdrom problem: wrong speed found by ide-cdrom

4. ipfw rules

5. Help: Creative Labs Hex Speed CDROM on second controller

6. Who's using

7. ATAPI CDROM on second port of EIDE

8. Kernel pl13q with Auota 1.1 ? Possible ?

9. Aztech CDROM 2x (ATAPI/EIDE) problems

10. FYI: the solution to my "driver for an EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM" problem

11. need help to install fro EIDE/ATAPI CDROM drive