Hayes Accura External Modem Configuration

Hayes Accura External Modem Configuration

Post by Chri » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a Hayes Accura 288B Fax Modem, which works fine under Windows
and under Linux on an old machine.  I've now upgraded to a Dell R400
with an internal Winmodem (I know..) and I'm trying to get the old
Hayes up and running.

Under Windows the modem works fine, and is reported as being on COM 1.

I've tried every com port I can under Linux, with no luck.  Maybe its
the irq, or port type I thought, so I checked with setserial, and the
results were as I had expected, fine. i.e.

modem, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

crw-rw----   1 root     uucp       5,  64 May  5 21:32 cua0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Sep 25 23:08 modem -> cua0

So what am I doing wrong?  Any pointers?

1. Hayes Accura 56K external modem recently became poor in downloading data

Scholars,

If I connect to the Internet using IBM laptop with builtin Lucent
winmodem, connection and downloading of data are ok.

But when I dialup with Hayes Accura 56K external modem using Athlon
desktop, I can connect but downloading is poor and erratic.  most of the
time, I can't download.

Both are of the same telephone line.   I have tried under winxp and
Linux 2.4.22 kppp dialer for the Hayes but result is the same- poor.

Previously my Hayes had no such problem.  As my desktop is near the
balcony with sun shining in during afternoon, issit possible the heat
and the sunlight damaged the modem?  I have shifted the position of the
modem to away from the sunlight now.

Thanks

2. ??:Linux Journal - April Issue - Canadians?

3. how2 use Hayes Accura 33.6 external modem under FreeBSD ?

4. Software Upgrade Protocol (SUP)

5. Hayes Accura 56K external

6. Looking for system calls and assembly code

7. Serial external ACCURA modem 9 pins on the modem side cable spec needed.

8. Weird /proc/mtrr

9. Hayes Accura PCI modem

10. Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

11. Hayes Accura 56k Internal Modem

12. Hayes Accura 56K v.90 Int Modem Problem

13. Help needed with a Hayes Accura PCI modem